An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's Better?

qfnol31

Which one is the better?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gotta explain yourself. Give good arguments! :)

[color=red]edited to say: [/color]LoL, I must say that this came about because someone said to me that St. John is better. :P Therefore, though I think that neither is really "better," this gives great opportunity for learning. :)

Edited by qfnol31

I voted for St. Peter, but an explanation is in order. I wouldn't say that St. Peter is better than St. John, but I voted for Peter because Jesus gave him authority as the first Pope based on Mt. 16:18, Is. 22, and several other passages. (The historical evidence also points to the fact that Peter was the "chief" of the Apostles.) That being said, I don't think he's better; I think he's more important and more authoritative.

God bless,

Jen

voiciblanche

St. John is the beloved Apostle. And he was more humble than Peter, obviously, because he doesn't care that Peter is "more important."

(Don't mind me and Zach - we're in an argument about this - but at least I can agreee that St. Gregory [what is it? V?] isn't comparable to St. Peter. But St. John is. :))

I love to argue. :) Though, I will begin by saying that St. Peter must be best cause he's head of the Church and got the keys to Heaven. :P :)

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 10 2004, 11:57 PM'] Is one st better than another? [/quote]
Well....I dunno, but my mommy's queen!!! :)

This is too hard!

I voted St. John because I've always liked him for some reason. He was the "disciple who Jesus loved."

But on the other hand, St. Peter's awesome too!

crusader1234

Like Jen, I dont think that either of them are 'better'. While St. John was the Apostle Jesus loved, Jesus gave authority to Peter. I could really go either way on this one, but I think that based on the fact that he was the first Pope, Peter takes it by a nose.

RICH

ThyWillBeDone

Oh such a hard one. I not sure we can say either is better, they were just different. John was the beloved apostles and Jesus gave his Mom to him, but Jesus gave his church to Peter. Hmm, very hard, but I am going to have to give it to our first pope, he wins by a nose in a very close race.
God Bless

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jun 11 2004, 12:09 AM'] Okay... Zach means which one is cooler, I think. Disregard the "better." [/quote]
Yes, that's what I mean by that. :)