An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marriage Rates Hit New, All-time Low

little2add

Anastasia Northrup, who organizes the National Catholic Singles Conferences, has a talk "Why am I still single" in which she lists the following reasons people today find themselves single:

1) Choices
2) Career
3) Comfort
4) Cows
5) Culture
6) Counterfeits
7) Contraception

perhaps alot are taking a personal vow of celibacy for Christians or much abstinance for athiests/pagans etc until marriage and dating for a long time before they tie the knot,

In a related news item, the Cubs just won the World Series.

veritasluxmea

Anastasia Northrup, who organizes the National Catholic Singles Conferences, has a talk "Why am I still single" in which she lists the following reasons people today find themselves single:

1) Choices
2) Career
3) Comfort
4) Cows
5) Culture
6) Counterfeits
7) Contraception

???

Edited by veritasluxmea

Only reason I can think "cow" is that they graze, which in this circumstance would say lack of commitment or inability to pick "one" person.  At least that's how I'm reading this until further clarification.

Not sure why anyone's so confused... I'm definitely still single because of cows.

Is that what the old saying "why buy the cow if you get your milk for free" is all about?

puellapaschalis

Is that what the old saying "why buy the cow if you get your milk for free" is all about?

Possibly, but why the awkward turn of phrase? Can't we use the word 'fornication' anymore?

puellapaschalis

'Cow' where I come from is a derogatory word for a woman, bit like 'b*tch'. Maybe it's that?

Edited by puellapaschalis