An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sunday Reflection:

little2add

“Sunday Reflection”

A look at the specific readings used in today’s Mass in Catholic parishes around the world. Please shair your point of view,  to help prepare for the Lord’s day

10/05/14      “The Parable of the Tenants”    Matthew 21:33-46

LINK: http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/05/sunday-reflection-matthew-2133-43/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Israelites of that time had forsaken the will of the Lord and wanted to rule in temporal fashion.

Do you think the present day Israel has changed?  i hate to say it but i dont see it.

thoughts?

The Israelites were the People of God and with Jesus and His Gospel, this has been extended to Gentiles as well at least potentially.  It is up to each individual to choose where they stand to exist - with God or against Him.  Very sadly, very sadly indeed, not only Israel has forsaken The Lord for temporal and worldly values and chooses to exist apart from God.  I think it does need to be said to my mind, however, that rather often it just might be a problem more so (responsibility and accountability) of leadership and poor catechesis and formation of lay people especially.   Many are confused about what exactly it is that The Church teaches and not through their own fault either - and they do not recognise their confusion as confusion which makes the problem even more difficult.  Hence The Gospel in question not only addresses Israel and her leadership.

Some interesting and quite good reflections in your link.  Thank you for sharing.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/12/sunday-reflection-matthew-221-14/

This morning’s Gospel reading is Matthew 22:1–14:

Many are invited but few are chosen...
That is how we should prepare for Jesus Christ, too, or at least the enthusiasm with which we prepare for the feast.
No one wears bluejeans and a tee shirt to a wedding, so why should we do so when living lives of Christian faith

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name="little2add" post="2703681" timestamp="1412531927"]

“Sunday Reflection”
A look at the specific readings used in today’s Mass in Catholic parishes around the world. Please shair your point of view, to help prepare for the Lord’s day

Sunday 10/19/14 - This morning’s Gospel reading is Matthew 22:15–21:

The Pharisees went off and plotted how they might entrap Jesus in speech. They sent their disciples to him, with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are a truthful man and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. And you are not concerned with anyone’s opinion, for you do not regard a person’s status. Tell us, then, what is your opinion: Is it lawful to pay the census tax to Caesar or not?”

Knowing their malice, Jesus said, “Why are you testing me, you hypocrites? Show me the coin that pays the census tax.” Then they handed him the Roman coin. He said to them, “Whose image is this and whose inscription?” They replied, “Caesar’s.” At that he said to them, “Then repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.”

For today, it’s difficult to separate this reading from my experience here in Rome over the last two weeks of the Extraordinary Synod on the Family. After all, as I write this, the bells are ringing in St. Peter’s Square for Sunday Mass, in which Pope Francis will officially declare Pope Paul VI “blessed” in the beatification ceremony. The beatification provides the ceremonial finish to the struggle of the church to work within the world while still proclaiming the truths of the Gospel and its teachings.

Thoughts?

Edited by little2add