An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not Really Catholic

superblue

so would it be safe to say, even if one does not feel like they belong in the Church, that they do, even if for what ever reason the person has for feeling the way they do, a person does not have to " fake being catholic to belong " where as some times people have to " be fake " to fit in with a group of people, or fake enjoying a job and the people they work with....

ty for the responses everyone.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The church is for sinners, not saints.

All saints where once sinners, recognised saints and un recognised, the stars and the bars. Please be be careful how you use this catch phrase 'The church is for sinners'.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The holy bible tells me that grace has the power to stop me sinning but if i do to confess. I hope to one day be a saint and not a sinner, thats the whole idea of it Benedictus.

All saints where once sinners, recognised saints and un recognised, the stars and the bars. Please be be careful how you use this catch phrase 'The church is for sinners'.

Saints show us the path is possible for the rest of us. All saints, when they were alive, were sinners. They were spiritually developed, but not free of sin. My point is that the work of the church is to offer hope and healing to all sinners, but especially those who need the most help. But it can seem to work the other way around, serving those who need it the least. God brings people in and we are called to be more on the welcoming commitee and less on the standards committee.

the only thing that keeps one going is that one hopes what the Church is and God is, is real, and that there will be something better waiting on the otherside even though one is not sure.....

What else do you need ?

ed

Edited by Ed Normile