An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debate This For The Basketball Fans

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Is this the best finnish to a basketball final ever or at least the most heated and tense. Of course there probably have been better in the N.B.A after 1988 but please bear in mind that this is 1988 and is pre michael jordan which means everyone slam dunked from under the ring, there was no nike flight,yet. Please post snippets of what you think is the best finnish to a basketball game ever, and debate the why and why not.

http://youtu.be/HK1cdpB3fa4

Onward christian souls.

Jesus iz LORD!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

remember it's 1988 and the speed of the game is nothing like it is now, and it's is the n.b.l not the n.b.a, think in college ball terms lol. But anyhow it was a tight finnish, and i loved the 3 attempts at a 3 pointer in a row and the third going in to make the game 1 point difference with 20 seconds to go, and also phil smythe getting sent off for a tech foul, he was like the full fair play good guy hero.

I wan't to see some other tight finishes(finnishes) there we go it's one of those endings. :P Which game ending is the best ever.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Eggs act lee.

i got a hoop when i used to play basketball from behind my head at the three point line in the middle of the game. Angels bought me here, well put the ball in the basket anyway, i think it was my 1st year of playing basket ball, lol.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

no basketball fans. :( how bout your best ping pong final. lol. I love ping pong really, pretty good at that too, no chess finals though please, though i do love to play chess, it isn't really a spectator sport, double lol. :P

Semper Catholic

I've laid off this topic mainly because it makes me want to hammer my fingers but the answer to all of the OPs questions is no^10000000 power.

Both those teams would have lost to most American men's high school teams. This was the same year the Bad Boys were taking the showtime Lakers to 7 games. That series featured 9 hall of famers.

What is this I don't even.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

If i remember correctly the australian team at this period was competitive against the dream team, silver medal favorites every year. And the dream team didn't usually flog them by the way, the australian teams where actually competitive. So unsure what your talking about. :)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Just post your all time favorite final 10 minutes. Unsure how the u.s school system works, is high school 17 year olds?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

by the way whats the bet there are 18 year olds in the n.b.a. that's only a year after high school if my understanding of the u.s school system is correct.

Semper Catholic

If i remember correctly the australian team at this period was competitive against the dream team, silver medal favorites every year. And the dream team didn't usually flog them by the way, the australian teams where actually competitive. So unsure what your talking about. :)

Australians didn't even qualify for the 92 Olympics so you're wrong again.

NBA has a one year out of high school requirement. There hasn't been an 18 year old play in the NBA in about a decade. 

Edited by Ash Wednesday
Personal Attack

Australians didn't even qualify for the 92 Olympics so you're wrong again.

NBA has a one year out of high school requirement. There hasn't been an 18 year old play in the NBA in about a decade. Now will you stop posting. Clown.

You're really unpleasant. There's this great feature here, called "ignore." Right up at the top of the page, click on your name, and select "Manage Ignore Prefs." Add our Australian friend, and, voila! You don't have to deal with him, and I don't have to deal with you! Everybody wins! 

Or you could just ignore him without doing all that.