An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Last Prayer Of Your Life

dairygirl4u2c

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if you're not married? Should I adopt a wife?

But I am married  

Oh you mean the universal you didn't you?  I don't know then.  I had absolutely no one to pray for until I got married.  No friends, significant others, enemies family, not a person.  

But there is no shame in praying for your own soul.  

Catherine Therese

Now, when I was 20, I had a moment to pray before what could have been the end of my life.  My moped was unavoidably going to hit a van that had turned to the right, just in front of me ( I ended up hitting and sliding under it).  What would have been my last words?  

"SH*T!!!!"

So much for pious thoughts.  The time to pray is now.  You don't know what kind of state you'll be in just before your death.

^ this.

I said I would pray the St Michael the Archangel prayer, though, come to think of it, I might say something like "Lord, into your hands I commend my spirit", or "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul."

PS This is my first post here!  Huzzah!

White Knight

A good act of contrition would be good, Saint Michael prayer would be good. and the Hail Mary. But praying directly to the Holy Trinity for the sorrowfulness of your sins, for repentance of them, and most of all Absolution and Forgiveness of your sins, is the best way to go.