An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Last Prayer Of Your Life

dairygirl4u2c

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Credo in Deum

Forgive me my sins, O Lord, forgive me my sins;
the sins of my youth, the sins of my age, the sins of my soul,
the sins of my body; my idle sins, my serious voluntary sins;
the sins I know, the sins I do not know; the sins I have concealed
for so long, and which are now hidden from my memory.

I am truly sorry for every sin, mortal and venial,
for all the sins of my childhood up to the present hour.

I know my sins have wounded Thy Tender Heart,
O My Savior, let me be freed from the bonds of evil through
the most bitter Passion of My Redeemer. Amen.

O My Jesus, forget and forgive what I have been. Amen.

Credo in Deum

I see you're not anticipating a sudden death Credo.

LOL! Oh the reality of a sudden death is actually one that weighs very much on my mind.  When I remember to I pray:

AN ACT OF RESIGNATION

My Lord God, even now I accept at Thy hands, cheerfully and willingly, with 
all its humiliations, anxieties, pains and sufferings, whatever kind of death it shall please Thee to be mine. Amen.

Catherine Therese

Presumably if they slow down the bus that is about to hit Credo for long enough to spout that prayer, as beautiful as it is (even the abridged version he posted later) then odds are he has time to get out of the way of said bus.

Well played, Credo. Well played.

brandelynmarie

I will take all the help I can get!  :dead:

This is a beautiful prayer:

CONSECRATING THE LAST 2 HOURS OF YOUR LIFE to the Most Holy Virgin by the late Rev. Fr. Ildefonso M. Izaguirre, O. 
Prostrated at thy feet, and humiliated by my sins, but full of confidence in thee, O Mary! I beg thee to accept the petition my heart is about to make. It is for my last moments. Dear Mother I wish to request thy protection and maternal love so that in the decisive instant that thou wilt do all thy love can suggest in my behalf.

To thee, O Mother of my soul, I consecrate THE LAST TWO HOURS of my life. Come to my side to receive my last breath and when death has cut the thread of my days, tell Jesus, presenting to Him my soul, "I LOVE IT". That word alone will be enough to procure for me the benediction of my God and the happiness of seeing thee for all eternity.

I put my trust in thee, my Mother and hope it will not be in vain. O Mary! Pray for thy child and lead him to Jesus! Amen.

You have great trust in the Mercy of God, jaime. :amen:  :ascension:  ;)

I figure if I'm going to hell, this is the last chance I have to pray for her.

And she's awesome

Clare Brigid

A book I have on praying with the name of Jesus points out that His Name is embedded right in the middle of the Hail Mary.  The other prayers do not include His Name.  So of course I chose the Hail Mary.

When I read the subject of the thread, I did not expect a poll.  I reflected and decided I would pray "Lord Jesus, have mercy," or the Gloria, or the Te Deum -- if I had  time for it.   :sos:   In other words, I think the name of Jesus, a plea for, and an expression of faith in, His Mercy, and some expression of gratitude for my life and all the graces I had received would be my focus.

Now, when I was 20, I had a moment to pray before what could have been the end of my life.  My moped was unavoidably going to hit a van that had turned to the right, just in front of me ( I ended up hitting and sliding under it).  What would have been my last words?  

"SH*T!!!!"

So much for pious thoughts.  The time to pray is now.  You don't know what kind of state you'll be in just before your death.