An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vegan/veggie/meat?

maximillion

She would submit herself to God's will, however, since God seems to be calling her to the married life, I don't think she is going to have to worry about this anytime soon. 

She would use her free will to discern Gods will for her, you mean.

Thats great she has already done this.

Credo in Deum

She would use her free will to discern Gods will for her, you mean.

Thats great she has already done this.

Sure, if you want to be picky about it. 

Here is an explanation of the process of discernment, looking at exercising free will and reason, in relation to Gods will .http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/discernment.htm I vaguely remember Aquinas in Summa talks about Gods will having various contingent outcomes allowing us to choose, so there is indeed no conflict between our free will and the omnipotence of God, can prayer change Gods mind etc etc

Edited by oremus1

Credo in Deum

I love Peter Kreeft.  I love him more than I love bacon, so that means something and it's still somewhat on topic. 

*sipping my raw veggie fruit juice*

Edited by Credo in Deum

I dont know who he is but i think that article is good. God's will does not take over your free will. Neither does our exercise of free will limit God's omnipotence

Edited by oremus1

ChristianGirlForever

We could be friends.

I'd like that. Wow, someone else who loves Indian Food and isn't Indian? Wow. :-)

Credo in Deum

I'd like that. Wow, someone else who loves Indian Food and isn't Indian? Wow. :-)

Haha, I don't believe you two are that rare. 

ChristianGirlForever

What are your favorite Indian dishes?

Hmmm, there are so many, but I'll try to keep it short.

Lamb vindaloo

Chana Masala

Onion Bajia

Aloo Matar Gobi

Peshwari naan (and all naan, really. Lol)

Dhaniwa chicken

Chicken korma

Chicken tikka masala

Dal saag

Palak paneer

Mango lassi

Lamb kulcha

Goolab jamun---yum!

ChristianGirlForever

i'm non-denominational but i go to a penecostal church.

i'm a vegetarian for religious reasons (ethical and dietary all come under that).

i would eat meat if i knew that the animal it had come from had lived a life that honoured god the creator. if i was in a village in the peruvian highlands where livestock is raised locally, traditionally, then i would eat meat if they offered it to me and if they would take offense at my not eating.

i don't really see a reason for myself to hunt for meat in the kind of society i live in (first world), when i can simply eat vegetarian food.

some people need to eat meat. and i would never look down on them for doing so. but i don't see why *I* should eat meat.

Yeah, that's why I like the halal option. Watching Food, Inc. definitely changed my perspective on what I out on my plate.

I went veggie in college. Vegan wasn't invented yet. Going from the all bacon grease Okie diet to veggie killed my gallbladder.

ChristianGirlForever

I went veggie in college. Vegan wasn't invented yet. Going from the all bacon grease Okie diet to veggie killed my gallbladder.

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry, CatherineM. I hope it's better now.  :-)  

I believe in eating a balanced diet, including meat and veg.  Everything in moderation, especially :beer: .

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry, CatherineM. I hope it's better now. :-)

I believe in eating a balanced diet, including meat and veg. Everything in moderation, especially :beer: .

That was 33 years ago, and I'm still kicking.

Anastasia13

That was 33 years ago, and I'm still kicking.

Is your gall bladder kicking? Is that kind of thing permanent with permanent treatment or did it come back with bacon?

Is your gall bladder kicking? Is that kind of thing permanent with permanent treatment or did it come back with bacon?

No they yanked it. There are two kinds of gall stones, little balls of dried bile and big ones of cholesterol. The big ones are the ones older people get. The bile ones are due to your body not making or processing bile properly.

Mine was full of a couple of hundred little ones which didn't bother me as long as I ate meat that my body produced bile to digest. They just floated around. When I stopped eating meat, not much bile, so no extra was produced that needed to be stored in the gall bladder. It emptied of fluid and the little balls no longer floated, so they plunked down and got stuck in the drain pipe. Kind of like big kidney stones.

I might have lived a really long time without knowing I had them in there. Several large diet companies have been sued because people in their plans had to have their gallbladders removed. Nutrasystem had a class action suit brought against them in the 80's I think. People that have gastric bypass surgery have theirs removed at the same time just to avoid having another surgery later.

My husband thinks the scar is cool.