An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ends V Means, Lesser Of Two Evils Hypothetical: Not Wearing Condom Wit

dairygirl4u2c

I love these hypotheticals...

"Hi, I have HIV and I'm really promiscuous but I'm concerned over the morality of condoms..."

Lmao

dairygirl4u2c

:lol4: :lol4:

well, in the real world, it'd probably be someone you know who has sex without condoms, and you some how learn of it. a friend, perhaps. how do you respond?

:lol4: :lol4:

well, in the real world, it'd probably be someone you know who has sex without condoms, and you some how learn of it. a friend, perhaps. how do you respond?

Id say put on a rubber

Credo in Deum

Id say put on a rubber

Congratulations; you have now become an occasion of sin for your friend.

With friends like that, who needs enemies? Edited by Credo in Deum

dairygirl4u2c

the lesser of two evils idea isn't all that well developed.

it's standard faire in voting issues, and catholic voting guides, but ya don't see a lot of it.

i've seen some suggest that this philophsy is actully immoral cause it involves actively picking an evil. i dont see and can't think of many examples where one is 'forced' to make a choice.

there are cases where ommission is somewhat a choice, but it's still not a proper choice, per se.

southern california guy

the lesser of two evils idea isn't all that well developed.

it's standard faire in voting issues, and catholic voting guides, but ya don't see a lot of it.

i've seen some suggest that this philophsy is actully immoral cause it involves actively picking an evil. i dont see and can't think of many examples where one is 'forced' to make a choice.

there are cases where ommission is somewhat a choice, but it's still not a proper choice, per se.

Would you advice a little kid to wear a helmet if he wanted to ride his tricycle on the freeway?

I know.. I know.. that's a little kid, and you're talking about an adult.  But seriously YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AN ADULT!  Does it really matter what we advice an adult????  The adult is probably going to do whatever he chooses to do.  The advice doesn't really matter.  Unless you're using "advice" as a veiled method of getting somebody to support something -- change their position.

But you wouldn't do something like that.... would you!!? :eek:

dairygirl4u2c

interesting comment by vatican about 'lesser of two evils'

"It said that condom use by a prostitute for disease prevention could not be considered a “lesser evil” because prostitution is “gravely immoral,” and that “an action which is objectively evil, even if a lesser evil, can never be licitly willed.”