An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dating Rules

Perigrina

Catherine Therese

Or...The girl who has been taught since day one that she is a person and not an object has never succumbed to manipulation.

Sure is a lot to infer from just a shirt

Perhaps.

Not so much to infer from a shirt-within-a-milieu, though. 

Anyway, I did say "odds are." I am yet to meet an adolescent girl who is impervious to emotional manipulation. So whilst the hypothetical that I posed is certainly not a pre-determined conclusion, I still think odds are that the style of parenting exhibited in the shirt is most likely to lead to scenarios similar to the thought exercise I proposed.  

I also find it interesting that only one of these shirts immediately mentions sex. Shows where the priorities are.

Neither of the shirts explicitly mention sex, both imply it.

I think the first shirt is better applied to an adult woman...not a young girl. I think children still need guidance and care from their parents because kids are dumb and do silly things. 

I personally like the second better because I think the second would make the first irrelevant. If we all respected each other and loved each other we wouldn't have to worry about bad things happening, 

Credo in Deum

Men don't let women make the rules.

It should be "parents don't let children make the rules", especially if they're minors and living under your roof.  

Edited by Credo in Deum

I don't like either of them.  :unsure: They both seem creepy to me.

"...and smart men don't date the daughters of overbearing and possessive fathers."

Credo in Deum

"...and smart men don't date the daughters of overbearing and possessive fathers."

So, the daughters have to pay for their father's flaws? Seems legit.

Credo in Deum

Ask Adam and Eve's daughters...... :rolleyes:

That's not the same thing. If we are to judge another persons worth by the flaws of their parents then we wouldn't date at all. Adam and Eve had flaws and yet God still gave us a chance when He could have done the "smart" thing and not even bothered. He did this because even the effects of Adam and Eve's sin did not remove our worth from His eyes. Women who are daughters of overbearing and possessive fathers deserve the same consideration since they are their own unique person. They should not automatically be considered canon fodder for the dumb dumbs of this world.

the attractiveness of a mate  is enhanced by her family.  if you are going to get married knowing his or her father is important and beneficial for all concerned

i love my father in law, like my own

Edited by add

Nihil Obstat

the attractiveness of a mate  is enhanced by her family.  if you are going to get married knowing his or her father is important and beneficial for all concerned

i love my father in law, like my own

Your in-laws are the only family in your whole life whom you get to choose for yourself, so best not to mess it up. You will be seeing them for holidays and special events for the rest of your life. :hehe:

Your in-laws are the only family in your whole life whom you get to choose for yourself, so best not to mess it up. You will be seeing them for holidays and special events for the rest of your life. :hehe:

Didn't really choose them, per se
It's all good, just the same