An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Intentions (cross Posted In Lame Board)

TheresaThoma

TheresaThoma

I'm heading to France in the morning on a vacation/retreat/personal pilgrimage of sorts and would love to pray for your intentions while I am there.
I will be visiting several sacred sites and spending lots of time in prayer. Let me know of your specific intentions either here or in a PM. I will be praying for all of you and ask that you pray for me as well!

Please pray for my friend Jonathan, and that I may know how best to help him; for wisdom for my host family's daughter, who is trapped in an abusive situation; for my host family, that they may be comforted and given the courage to bear it; and for my own vocation, that I may do what's right. Thank you.

Catherine Therese

Thanks so much for taking our intentions with you!

1. Please pray for peace in my family... a number of things have gone wrong in the past year that have caused a great deal of conflict and are threatening to divide the family.

2. Please pray also for two little boys, both newborns, one named Liam and one named Albert. Both babies, each belonging to couples who are friends of mine, are suffering from severe medical problems. 

3. Finally, for a woman named Michelle who has lived through a terrifying ordeal (a victim of an unconscionable crime) and is really struggling to hold on to her faith as she seeks healing and justice. 

brandelynmarie

Please pray for me as I continue to discern my vocation, that I am willing to do my part in overcoming all obstacles & trust in Him in all things. :) Please pray for healing for my family members & friends who are struggling with health & financial issues...God knows who they are & what they need...praying for you as well...

Edited by brandelynmarie

Prayers for you on your retreat, definitely!

Please pray for me as I prepare some study materials for my Secular Order members for the next year.... a little out of my comfort range but do-able if I can trust in God's providence and wisdom.....

Prayers for a couple with small children who are facing the aftermath of infidelity... for the graces they need for healing and strengthening of the bonds of love and their marriage.

For all seniors and isolated people that they may be more aware of the love of God and those around them.

I will be praying for you.

Please pray for my mom, who has congestive heart failure and is in a bad spot right now.  Lasix is not working and she cannot breathe well at all.  Thank you and have a good trip!!

Spem in alium

Thank you, TT - prayers for you, certainly.

Please pray:
For several family members who are currently ill.
For my brother, who has an exam on Monday, and all who are sitting exams.
For my supervisor, who is travelling.
For the repose of the soul of Catherine, and for her family and friends.
That all goes well in my first official meeting as an applicant with my Sisters.

Have a blessed retreat. :)

• 2 weeks later...
TheresaThoma

So I'm back!

I wanted to let you know that I was able to go to several beautiful churches while I was in France. I tried to light a candle and pray for all these intentions.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

brandelynmarie

That is so very cool :joecool: to think there are/were candles burning for us in France! Thank you :blush:

TheresaThoma

AL thank you!
Marigold-I had an amazing time. I really enjoyed being with the Sisters. It was a little more akward than it had been for my visit in the US because a) it was all in French and b) it was summer so the novices schedule was more relaxed.
Brandlyn- you're welcome. It was a reminder that there is always someone praying even when you are sleeping. I really got a sense of the universal
Church while I was there. At the major churches I would be at Mass with people from all over the world. Yet we were all able to come together and pray and worship. Very very cool.