An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are There Any Byzantine Discerners, Here?

DameAgnes

TheresaThoma

I have spent a day with them and they really are! They allowed me to come and stay a day with them on Good Friday and it was wonderful. I had no real experience of the Byzantine Liturgy at all before then but they welcomed me and helped me learn. If you have a chance contact them and see if you can spend some time with them.

(Fun fact the picture of Mother with the young priest I believe is at the Cathedral right after he was ordained.)

I know them and they are wonderful sisters. Happy, funny, amazingly hard-working and dedicated through all kinds of trials. Their monastery is really starting to blossom.

littlesister

As usual, the site doesn't want to link, but the Holy Annunciation Monastery in Sugar Loaf PA has a beautiful one.  They're Byzantine Discalced Carmelites, and I think still the only ones in the U.S.  They have grown - and grown - and built much of the monastery themselves over the years.  A joy.

And then there was some news that they were going to become Cistercians... ? :unsure:  Does anyone know what's become of that?