An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sr. Juliana Schmitt, O. Cist. And Others

Lumiere

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr. Juliana and I have known each other since we were kids. She came with me for my 1st visit to the monastery and the visit confirmed HER Cistercian vocation. Our profession day is exactly 1 year apart!

But now I have to ask, Sister Mary Catharine, does Summit allow snacks or coffee breaks?

Edited by DameAgnes

Would everyone be ok if I combined the three O. Cist. threads?  I'd make sure to tie the initial post to the sister mentioned. (and this would be the main thread).

If people agree just prop this post (instead of getting 10000 positive or negative responses in the thread).  (Luminere -- my inbox is too full to PM right now, I think I have maybe space for one PM or two, so if you're ok with this just say something in the thread.).

Sr Mary Catharine OP

But now I have to ask, Sister Mary Catharine, does Summit allow snacks or coffee breaks?

Coffee breaks, yes. Coffee, tea, juice, water, milk, whatever. Food is by permission but we're always allowed to grab a few crackers or a few peanuts if needed. But we don't have a regular snack break. I wish we did! I didn't know that about the Cistercians until I saw that from Sr. Juliana.

During Easter week we can snack anytime we want! :-)