An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canonical Approval Of The Poor Friars & Nuns (franciscan-carmilita

Poor Friars

Poor Friars

This is fantastic news! And what a beautiful charism. I'm a Franciscan at heart and also have a deep love for Carmelite spirituality. If I were drawn to Italian language and culture the way I'm drawn to French then I'd be interested myself. ;) Prayers for your community's growth, especially here in the US! We need your witness here!

Peace and good PetitPèlerin,
Thank you also to you for your compliments, and our gratefulness goes out to you and to all the other people who are praying for us, God Bless you.

Yes, our community is of Italian mother tongue, and I have spent years learning it whilst in Italy. Now in America we speak English, yet I must say that entering into a multicultural community is a wonderful gift... Being myself Australian, English was really the only language I could speak. Traveling the world and living with others of other languages has been a wonderful opportunity to learn how to even Evangelize in other languages. Now I speak Italian fluently, I get by of Spanish and French, and also have brushed up on a little Maltese (where my family originally comes from).

As for the Habits, yes, they are wonderful... our founder has made clear intentions not to squash the femininity of the Virgin Mary's beauty through our sisters. We believe that Mary had long hair, so our sister maintain their long hair gathered neatly behind their light transparent veils. Youth and beauty are gifts from God... they too can be powerful tools used with elegance and tact to attract souls to Christ and His Mother Church.

Here is a video of us, "Before and After": Just CLICK HERE to see the video
306560_398008403560033_1288970760_n.jpg

Poor Friars

Peace and Good "MargretTeresa"!
Yes I was there, but you may be mixing me up for one of my brothers on the photo...!
I'm the friar at the back on the far right!

MargaretTeresa

Peace and Good "MargretTeresa"!
Yes I was there, but you may be mixing me up for one of my brothers on the photo...!
I'm the friar at the back on the far right!

Oops! I was the one hanging with the Daughters of St. Paul (Sisters Jerome and Jackie and the face-painting sister. :) ) 

Poor Friars

Peace and Good "MargretTeresa"

I'm assuming that your profile picture is not your photo!..
Any how
given that you're not we're not so distant, we would would like to invite you and your friends to one of our Thursday night
"Answering Basic Questions of Faith"  series that we hold once a Month.
Next Thursday's topic will be the Third step: "Why be Christian?"  where in a respectful way, we will try to dive into the Scriptural text of the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists and Confucians to see briefly what their understanding of Salvation is and tips on how to respectfully invite them to complete their faith in Christ. See the following image for all the details... 

2c0786d7b9bfb73b2620ebfec01e833f.jpg

BarbTherese

Are the above questions addressed via video or article somewhere on the internet?  I did have a look at your website, but unless I missed something, I couldn't find them.

I am in South Australia (a bit far to travel to your monthly addresses in LA :) ) and have printed a copy of "The Allies of The Little Ones" (Form for the concrete Admission to the Groups of Prayer V.V.) - to read more carefully at a later date.

God's richest blessings.........Barb

• 1 month later...
Poor Friars

Here's a Poor Friar's and Poor Nun's video
for all those seriously seeking Gods Will
according to the Word of God and
according to the Teachings of the Catholic Church:

Vocational Video 7 (Trailer):
https://vimeo.com/53114550

For the full length video, follow this link:
https://vimeo.com/53709299

• 2 weeks later...
Poor Friars

Are the above questions addressed via video or article somewhere on the internet?  I did have a look at your website, but unless I missed something, I couldn't find them.

I am in South Australia (a bit far to travel to your monthly addresses in LA :) ) and have printed a copy of "The Allies of The Little Ones" (Form for the concrete Admission to the Groups of Prayer V.V.) - to read more carefully at a later date.

God's richest blessings.........Barb

Sorry about the late reply Barbara!
Yes I believe we have spoken before on another forum... I too am from Adelaide Australia, but have lived the last 12 years in Italy and am now in Louisiana USA. We are recording each months teaching and have the handouts as well, but have not got around to publishing them on the website we use: www.poofriars.net
God willing we will get around to doing it soon. 
Best wishes of Holiness,
Friar Antonio.