An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canonical Approval Of The Poor Friars & Nuns (franciscan-carmilita

Poor Friars

Poor Friars

Peace and Good to you all!
After 15 years of hard work and sacrifices,
with great joy we announce to you the CANONICAL APPROVAL of the
Little Friars and Sisters of Jesus and Mary
as Public Association ("Ad Experamentum" for 3 years at a Diocesan rite)
in anticipation of becoming an Institute of Consecrated Life with an Episcopal Decree
made on the 30th of May 2014.
Please CLICK HERE to see the 9min video of the official ceremony.

74bc9ce8b2c6dc3ca9ac1d3f1776ed1a.jpg

www.poorfriars.net
www.poornuns.net

https://www.facebook.com/groups/poorfriars/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/poornuns/

https://twitter.com/PoorFriars
https://twitter.com/PoorNuns quote.gif

Edited by Poor Friars

OnlySunshine

How wonderful!  So your order combines Franciscan and Carmelite spirituality?  I always thought that would make an amazing charism and thought about creating my own combination within a new community for the longest time.  It's neat to hear that has occurred.  :)

Poor Friars

Yes! It is truly wonderful!... I have been living this Charism for now 12 years, and in contact with it for 15 years.. I can not thank the Lord enough for this beautiful Grace of being able to combine a Semi-Contemplative life in a cloister with an Active-Poor life of evangelizing along the streets of the world!..
Here's another video of how this Charism came to birth:
CLICK HERE to view the 6 min video...

450627020_295x166.jpg

Edited by Poor Friars

OnlySunshine

Yes! It is truly wonderful!... I have been living this Charism for now 12 years, and in contact with it for 15 years.. I can not thank the Lord enough for this beautiful Grace of being able to combine a Semi-Contemplative life in a cloister with an Active-Poor life of evangelizing along the streets of the world!..
Here's another video of how this Charism came to birth:
CLICK HERE to view the 6 min video...

450627020_295x166.jpg

Are you located solely in Italy?  I'm located in the US and this is the first time I've heard of your order.  :)

Poor Friars

We are in three diocese in Italy and one diocese in Louisiana. We have been trying to establish a community here in the United States for the last 4 years, but given the very strict American visa process, we have had to return to Italy each summer. I finished my studies towards Priesthood at the Lateran Pontifical University at Rome, then came back last year and was ordained a deacon. I now have a Religious worker visa and can stay until 2017 before we God willing will then attempt renewing it.

Edited by Poor Friars

reminiscere

And what if after three years, the Bishop of Noto revokes his ad experimentum approval? Will there be similar problems as before?

Poor Friars

Peace and good again!
Thank you all the lovely people who have been encouraging us for this very special moment for us. It is nice to receive your congratulations... you are like balm to our hearts, much different than the thorns we have had to endure for so long.
Yes, we are a new community, and yes we have had to endure many birthpains. I met this community 15 years ago and it has transformed my life. I met the first thee members and had to go all the same doubts that "riminiscere" is going through now before I found the courage to trully say "yes" to the Lord, leave all that I ever knew and then move to Italy to become a friar. Thanks be to God, he gave me the wisdom to pray over it and find the signs to illuminate my intelligence. If I had not received the certainty that this be a project of God and His project for me, I most certainly would not have had the strength to endure the many false accusations we have had to face.
Well, what can I say?... If I had remained behind the doubts year ago, I would still be a very bitter and sinicle man, doubtful of the most beautiful experience I had of God through this community. People will doubt our work even when we become a Pontifical rite (with the Grace of God). Jesus even after his Resurrection is still doubted by many. He was Crucifed by those who were blind to His deeds and considered him a failiure. He is now Glorious, and those who persevered alongside Him are now Glorious. Some people consider the chalanges in life as "problems" I am asking the Lord to continue to accept them as "Crosses"..
It's true, we're not perfect.. Could we have done bettter in the past? Yes... Do we want to do better in the future? Absolutely. But it is with God's grace. our Holy perseverance and the discernment of our Holy Mother Catholic Church over these three years that will answer your question. I want to be remembered in history for someone who has stuck by my Lord defending his cause rather that doubting it and accusing it. 
Best wishes of Holiness,
the Little Friars and Sisters of Jesus and Mary.

Joining a new community is riskier than joining a well-established one, and it wouldn't be for me, but some people are called to do just that! :) This community has the blessing of the Church to try for three years as a congregation of diocesan right, and that seems legit enough to me - we can only pray for the community and for the people whom they will minister to.

Poor Friars

Peace and Good "Beatitude",
Thank you so much for your prayers, they are much appreciated !
You will also be remembered in ours.

BarbTherese

I hope that this community lasts and lasts and increases and increases with every blessing from The Lord.  I think it is a beautiful and needed religious community of friars and religious sisters, wish I was young enough also my bones creak and walk ten paces and I am limping, twenty paces and I need to sit down because my left leg has gone on me! :)  In my intentions, Amen.

petitpèlerin

This is fantastic news! And what a beautiful charism. I'm a Franciscan at heart and also have a deep love for Carmelite spirituality. If I were drawn to Italian language and culture the way I'm drawn to French then I'd be interested myself. ;) Prayers for your community's growth, especially here in the US! We need your witness here!

MargaretTeresa

Peace and Good to you all!
After 15 years of hard work and sacrifices,
with great joy we announce to you the CANONICAL APPROVAL of the
Little Friars and Sisters of Jesus and Mary
as Public Association ("Ad Experamentum" for 3 years at a Diocesan rite)
in anticipation of becoming an Institute of Consecrated Life with an Episcopal Decree
made on the 30th of May 2014.
Please CLICK HERE to see the 9min video of the official ceremony.

74bc9ce8b2c6dc3ca9ac1d3f1776ed1a.jpg

www.poorfriars.net
www.poornuns.net

https://www.facebook.com/groups/poorfriars/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/poornuns/

https://twitter.com/PoorFriars
https://twitter.com/PoorNuns quote.gif

I have met the Poor Friar in the front (very front, second from right). Saw him at a bbq for Dumb Ox ministries this past weekend... 

petitpèlerin

I love the sisters' habits. I love the head wrap. I'm not really excited about wimples and veils, they're so constricting. Maybe I could reconsider Italian . . . ? ;)

Edited by petitpèlerin

Poor Friars

I hope that this community lasts and lasts and increases and increases with every blessing from The Lord.  I think it is a beautiful and needed religious community of friars and religious sisters, wish I was young enough also my bones creak and walk ten paces and I am limping, twenty paces and I need to sit down because my left leg has gone on me! :)  In my intentions, Amen.

Peace and Good dear BarberaTherese,
Thank you so much for your comment! Yes, for years we have understood that the Spirit has been pushing this new Charism forward, and even with the election of Pope Francis (who's intentions and ideals seem to be very much along the same as ours) we have found even more confirmation. 

We also have a lay group of prayer (type of third order) structure that has people pray the meditated Holy Rosary in their own houses for those who can not for one reason or another live out fully our Charism as Friars or Nuns. We often go to these families houses (hitching it there) and pray the Rosary (with Hail May's sung) with them and their friends.... Here's the link form the website we use:
http://nuke.poorfriars.net/HomeEnglish/HomeGROUPSOFPRAYERALOVV/tabid/470/Default.aspx