An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Stone People If You Were A Jew In The Ot Times?

dairygirl4u2c

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

watch it turn into a sideline about how i said "requires people to be stoned". (pot

not meant to get into discussion, mostly to supplement the thread, that, most unfortunately, didn't have a poll included

I am the sole vote for "No".

Why did youenter this poll, or this topic?  Christians have stoned, and tortured, and burned people, too. Are you going to  poll about this?

Anastasia13

Obedience is better that sacrifice as long as you are obeying the right one.

Justin Netzel

If you look at the rather strict OT laws they were all a precursor to Christ. It showed how strict man had to be in regards to sin as it brought the wrath of the Creator down upon mankind. It also showed a justice that we can't understand fully because we can't understand how sin distorts our nature and thereby offends God. When He came He fulfilled the law so that sin no longer brought the wrath of God on man as God Himself through Christ took all of the wrath upon Himself through His ignominious death on the cross. Take for example the law of scourging the bondwoman and the man after they fornicate and then the man has to go offer a sacrifice. Christ fulfilled this precept through the scourging at the pillar and then offering himself as the Spotless Lamb. There are also numerous other laws that when you look through the schema of the Passion you see the fulfillment of the Mosaic law. Hence the famous "I will have mercy and not sacrifice". Now we get the Mercy of God merited through Christ's passion when we faithfully confess our sins to Jesus as he is our advocate for the Father. Gotta love me my Jesus

maximillion

Got no props left to prop you ^^^^^^^ but I said about as much on the other thread.

I also think this is yet another of those threads that is a bit pointless, since none of us are living in OT times!