An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recent Ordinations - Let's Celebrate!

Luigi

PhuturePriest

These figures are taken from the website of the St. Louis seminary. It's possible these dioceses have men studying at other seminaries, like the Benedictines at Conception (MO or St. Joseph (LA) or someplace. 

St. Louis - 8 transitional deacons 

Jefferson City - 1 priest + 2 deacons

Springfield-Cape Girardeau - 1 deacon

Kansas City, KS - 2 priests & 2 deacons

Wichita - 2 priests + 2 deacons

Salina- 3 deacons

Omaha - 1 priest + 1 deacon

Memphis - 1 priest

Knoxville - 2 priests 

Colorado Spring - 2 priests.

Bismarck - 1 priest

I know 2 of the deacons who were recently ordained in Salina. Salina is actually the diocese I'm trying to apply with, interestingly enough.

I recently went to an ordination of a Benedictine Monk at Conception Seminary. I haven't looked, but just mentioning it in case you missed it.

There was one in Fall River (southeastern Massachusetts) and I think nine this year for Boston.

I know 2 of the deacons who were recently ordained in Salina. Salina is actually the diocese I'm trying to apply with, interestingly enough.

I recently went to an ordination of a Benedictine Monk at Conception Seminary. I haven't looked, but just mentioning it in case you missed it.

I've looked on the Conception Abbey website, and I don't see any announcements there yet. They have a good website, but they don't update it daily, or even weekly.

• 2 weeks later...
brandelynmarie

Today in the Diocese of Youngstown,Ohio we had two ordinations, Father John :priest: & Father Craig :priest: . :yahoo:

Edited by brandelynmarie

4 men for the Diocese of Covington were ordained recently. Fr. Trinity Knight (the irony in that name :P ) is a good friend of mine and he was just ordained!

Pentecost Sunday in Carthage, MO, Bishop Johnston (Springfield-Cape Girardeau) ordained four men priests in the congregation of Mary Co-Redemptrix, a Vietnamese congregation. LIke a number of other Vietnamese congregations, they're flourishing.  

May 31, 2014 - Four mean ordained priests for the diocese of Knoxville. 

This is the only diocese I know of that has more priests than parishes (not that I have easy access to the statistics of all dioceses or anything). Over 80 priests serving 47 parishes, 4 missions, 10 schools, and 3 university campuses - according to the diocesan newspaper. 

June 14 - Three priests ordained at Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon.

BTW, they've seen a surge in vocations in the last six or seven years.