An Old School Catholic Message Board

Outlawing Various Sexual Sins

dairygirl4u2c

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

reminiscere

I believe, traditionally, that if we had the Social Reign of Christ the King, or at least a Catholic government/state that they would be outlawed. But these things are already outlawed by the Divine law and the natural law, so should it really matter if they are outlawed also by civil law?

dairygirl4u2c

i did a poll on some of this before and the results were overwhelming. incidentally, this was back when everyone here was overwhelmingly agaisnt pot. now the pot attitude has changed. i wonder if this will change too. i'll show the before and after results later.

Can't be pro-gay and call yourself Catholic

So we can call on the faith of the gay centurion every Mass and proclaim, "Lord I am not worthy that thou shalt come under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed," but I am not Catholic for not being anti-gay? 

All your (conservative Catholics) efforts to drive me from the Church of Christ have failed.

Edited by John Ryan

Winchester

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean when you say "pro-gay". That might head off the controversy.

Benedictus

You can disagree or dislike something without making it illegal. Christ allowed us to be free of legalism, but to freely choose to follow him through openness to the spirit. On matters of private morality, faith and observances it's important that the person can act freely unless this harms another person or group. There's little point in outward conformity if it masks an impure heart. Better for all to see the truth and go from there.

mortify ii

So we can call on the faith of the gay centurion every Mass and proclaim, "Lord I am not worthy that thou shalt come under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed," but I am not Catholic for not being anti-gay? 

All your (conservative Catholics) efforts to drive me from the Church of Christ have failed.

No one is forcing you out, your own words betray you. And your reference to the Centurion as a homosexual is just pathetic. 

Benedictus

You're overstaing the case with that assumption on the centurion. Although it's possible the word 'pais' means as you suggest the multiple ways the word is used means it's hard to know for sure, It could mean simply boy or special servant, as I'm sure you may know

mortify ii

You're overstaing the case with that assumption on the centurion. Although it's possible the word 'pais' means as you suggest the multiple ways the word is used means it's hard to know for sure, It could mean simply boy or special servant, as I'm sure you may know

It's about as possible as me throwing heads on a coin a million times straight