An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cliven Bundy

PhuturePriest

Say you build something on your property without first obtaining the required building permit. 

If you need permission to build on it, it's not really your property.

All dry and boring internet articles aside, the courts have already ruled that the BLM has the authority to seize Bundy's cattle. That's all I need to know.

As for the idea that you have a right to not pay fees and taxes if you don't like what they're doing or feel that the government is " failing" in its duties, its been debated before. This is why we elect representatives, not start revolutions with armed militiamen.

Such a pathetic attempt to make anarchy sensible. You're starting to bore me Winchester.

You're here for my entertainment, not they other way around.

Credo in Deum

Join us. I for one love murder, especially that of babies.

Nah, murdering Peeps is where it's at.  One day I was walking down an aisle and noticed about half a dozen of them just sitting on the shelf with nothing to do. I've often wondered if they were just better off as plain marshmallows to be held over a traditional campfire and used for smores? When you think about it, making them Peeps didn't make them more tastier. They got less tastier. 

Seriously though, I hate Peeps.

Edited by Credo in Deum

U mad?

Go visit my Pusheen thread. If that little cat doesnt warm your heart then nothing will.

Edited by CrossCuT

If you need permission to build on it, it's not really your property.

Right. Because the community has no reason at all to complain if you want to build a trailer park, churches along gravled roads, or put human waste on your land because none of that would ever effect others at all. Unless you own on your own private island I don't care about your whining.

havok579257

Right. Because the community has no reason at all to complain if you want to build a trailer park, churches along gravled roads, or put human waste on your land because none of that would ever effect others at all. Unless you own on your own private island I don't care about your whining.

why should the community be allowed to tell a person they can not build a shed on their own property or a gazebo or an addition to their house?  Why are you incapable of making a point unless you go to the extreme?  

Non sequitur.

Building permits aren't based upon the real harm construction might inflict on other's property, or the infringement of homesteaded rights. 

U mad?

Go visit my Pusheen thread. If that little cat doesnt warm your heart then nothing will.

i ain't even mad

why should the community be allowed to tell a person they can not build a shed on their own property or a gazebo or an addition to their house?  Why are you incapable of making a point unless you go to the extreme?

The same could be asked about you. Nobody ever objects to gazebos or new additions. Give me a break.

Non sequitur.

Building permits aren't based upon the real harm construction might inflict on other's property, or the infringement of homesteaded rights.

This is false. I get notice in the mail about things my neighbors are putting on their property. Businesses give notice in advance about what and where their building to give the community time to weigh in. You really need to get out more if you think communities are just a collection of little islands.