An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cliven Bundy

PhuturePriest

Here comes the crawfishing.

I know of a homophobic duck call maker from Louisiana who taught his grandson about the birds and the bees using crawfish. I hope that's not what's about to happen.

I know of a homophobic duck call maker from Louisiana who taught his grandson about the birds and the bees using crawfish. I hope that's not what's about to happen.

Nope. Just mocking your retreat from a call for people to be "taken out".

Everyone knows what you meant. Don't add dishonesty to your idolatry.

Nope. Just mocking your retreat from a call for people to be "taken out".

Everyone knows what you meant. Don't add dishonesty to your idolatry.

Lol, what are you people talking about? Where, exactly did I call for anyone to be "taken out"?

Dont bother. At this point the conversation is lost. regardless of what you say youre a murder lover. Accept it. Embrace it.

Lol, what are you people talking about? Where, exactly did I call for anyone to be "taken out"?

In a perfect world, Bundy and his terrorist ilk would all be taken out during a family BBQ, but bleeding hearts would complain and worry about drone strikes in the US and whine about spilt blood so hopefully we are doing things behind the scences that will eventually lead to Bundy's and/or seizure of his cattle. I don't want him to be allowed to get away with this.

Assault, battery, and kidnapping is your second choice. You lament the sad state of affairs in the US, where many people don't want the psychos in government knocking off those who disagree with gubbmint edicts.

Dont bother. At this point the conversation is lost. regardless of what you say youre a murder lover. Accept it. Embrace it.

Is it possible to plea-down to "Mayhem" in the court of Winchester?

Edit: why doesn't phatmass let me post links to Youtube??? Edited by Vitamin

Is it possible to plea-down to "Mayhem" in the court of Winchester?

Edit: why doesn't phatmass let me post links to Youtube???

13761963791078.gif

Assault, battery, and kidnapping is your second choice. You lament the sad state of affairs in the US, where many people don't want the psychos in government knocking off those who disagree with gubbmint edicts.

Perhaps I just love my country. Maybe I don't like the insurrectionists who want to tear it apart.

If patriotism is murder then I deserve the death penalty.

Join us. I for one love murder, especially that of babies.

Edited by CrossCuT

Perhaps I just love my country. Maybe I don't like the insurrectionists who want to tear it apart.

I don't think expecting the federal government to hold to its agreements is a serious threat to the union.

Why do you equate the BLM with "the country"? Why is is valid for the BLM to bring armed men to the dispute, but not for other people to show up with a means of self defense for Bundy? I don't get that. The constitution was sold to the people privileged to vote on it as a document creating a general government of strictly enumerated powers. It's nothing but a contract. Why is only one group permitted to interpret the contract? I really don't see the BLM as having any more authority than Bundy, and I don't see two disputants being on even footing as a threat to society at large. It's a complex issue, the government tried to be bullies, and the people who showed up have as much a voice as you. Your opinion is no more valid than theirs. If anyone in the confrontation was the superior, it was the people acting privately, seeing as the government claims to derive its authority from consent of the governed.

I edited this because it implied the federal government was a party to the constitution. It wasn't. It was created by the constitution. The federal government is nothing but a glorified homeowner's association.

Edited by Winchester

havok579257

patriotism is not murder.  saying bundy and his ilk should be "taken out" during eating is murder.  Country does not come before faith.  Its against catholic teaching to support someone be "taken out".

havok579257

just because you disagree with everything winchester says doesn't make it false.  The poster advocates having Bundy and family "taken out".  Cold blooded murder is against catholic teaching and is never legit.  No matter who is the intended target.  Catholic teaching comes before love of state.

Especially when they do not represent any physical threat at all. Bundy's rejection of arbitrary changes to the agreement is a peaceful dispute. The BLM was paid to manage the lands over which Bundy held grazing rights. They were not fulfilling their duty, so Bundy quit paying them. If your landscaper wasn't fulfilling the terms of his contract, you'd be right to stop paying him, too. The lands are not "public". That term doesn't apply to lands with divided property rights. The feds hold mineral rights, Bundy held grazing rights. You really do need to read the article I cited. Good jumping off point for understanding the terms being bandied about.

just because you disagree with everything winchester says doesn't make it false.  The poster advocates having Bundy and family "taken out".  Cold blooded murder is against catholic teaching and is never legit.  No matter who is the intended target.  Catholic teaching comes before love of state.

I also advocate invading countries for their beer. PARTY IN DUBLIN EVERYBODY!!!

Especially when they do not represent any physical threat at all. Bundy's rejection of arbitrary changes to the agreement is a peaceful dispute. The BLM was paid to manage the lands over which Bundy held grazing rights. They were not fulfilling their duty, so Bundy quit paying them. If your landscaper wasn't fulfilling the terms of his contract, you'd be right to stop paying him, too. The lands are not "public". That term doesn't apply to lands with divided property rights. The feds hold mineral rights, Bundy held grazing rights. You really do need to read the article I cited. Good jumping off point for understanding the terms being bandied about.

All dry and boring internet articles aside, the courts have already ruled that the BLM has the authority to seize Bundy's cattle. That's all I need to know.

As for the idea that you have a right to not pay fees and taxes if you don't like what they're doing or feel that the government is " failing" in its duties, its been debated before. This is why we elect representatives, not start revolutions with armed militiamen.

Such a pathetic attempt to make anarchy sensible. You're starting to bore me Winchester.

I really don't see why guns need to be involved in this dispute at all.

The man owes money.  The court gets to sort out whether there is a legitimate dispute on whether or not he has to pay the money.  In the end, money and/or cattle will be paid, or the back-taxes will somehow be written off.  

I would *much* rather this situation be settled in court than by an armed standoff. In many court cases, there are opportunities for appeals, or something.  Not sure if that would apply here.  

It is not unusual for the government to *start* by slapping down the penalty/fee, and only later determining if it need apply.  This is often the case when someone fails to follow the law up front.  Say you build something on your property without first obtaining the required building permit.  When this becomes public knowledge, you might get a letter demanding you pay a huge fee and/or tear it down.  What really needs to happen is that you retroactively apply for the building permit and get things squared away.  The letter is more a threat than an actual intended action.  

Of course, sometimes they really do want the money.