An Old School Catholic Message Board

Church Missionary And Church Militant

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

May the love of christ teach you all things...

So we have the left and right wings, perhaps church militant and church missionary. Both being born from the love of god and for the love of god. Perhaps one being discipline and the other being mercy. But get this we as a church body some lean more toward the discipline and some more toward mercy, but i assume all as individuals should also have both wings as a part of there faith journey whether they lean to the left or the right when they fly sometimes, half the time or often. What sayeth ye all? :)

Onward christian souls.

God iz Good.

Jesus iz LORD.

P.s. Respecting of course also that a bird missing a wing can not fly.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Perhaps some, half or many in the christian faith are leaning to far to the mercy side or to far to the discipline side? Let me explain my interpretation of sacred scripture. Jesus said something like " the road is straight and narrow and few find the path." So this says to me we shouldn't lean to far left or right in that we need a balance between mercy and discipline because if we don't the bird doesn't fly straight, us wanting to be being a bird from heaven not the world, because a bird of the world flies every which way hither and tither on any breath of wind that comes along, wild and undisciplined. What sayeth ye all?

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I over corrected my last post, it is meant to read to far to the mercy side. I tried to re correct my re correction but ran out of time.

Perhaps this if true is a consequence of going to far to the discipline side for many years and than happening to re correct the direction and going to far toward the mercy side/ over compensating, which again still isn't the middle straight and narrow.  :)