An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

Hi, I know I haven't been around much. My internet has gone kaput. I just wanted to let you all know that I've been accepted as a postulant with the Summit Dominicans. I still have a long way to go yet but I'm v happy.

Yay!  They have so many moving out of the novitiate and into the professed community these days, I was afraid Sister Mary Catherine would be getting bored.

We can't have that.  :)

Congratulations ad blessings to you!  On that happy note, has anyone heard anything about EmmaBerry?

ChristinaTherese

Congratulations ad blessings to you!  On that happy note, has anyone heard anything about EmmaBerry?

Emma's investiture is on the Saturday after Easter, so in just couple of weeks now.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I was just at the Poor Clare's website reading their newsletter from last here when Emma entered as a Postulant.  I thought she was either clothed before Lent, or would be soon after.  In hind sight, I guess her mom would have let us know.

ChristinaTherese

But, yeah, not to hijack the thread, Strictly Ink Blot! Do you have an entrance date yet? (I know I already asked, but then I went off on a tangent too, so I figured I'd repeat it.)

It just occured to me that maybe some of us would like to send the Summit Dominicans a donation. I think it's really important that Catholics support enclosed communities, in whatever way they can. Anyway I thought I'd just put this suggestion out there http://nunsopsummit.org/donations/

p.s no ulterior motive -as a guy I can't join. Even though they look awesome :dance: