An Old School Catholic Message Board

College/convent Visits

Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

Do y'all think it's a good idea to combine college visits with convent visits or not? That would be given that the visit doesn't take the entire day and therefore one would have time to visit a convent for a few hours before heading back home, or vice versa.

Thoughts?

ChristinaTherese

I don't see why not, if you need to visit both and they're in the same area anyway. It might not be good if you were shortening both visits beyond what you'd like them to be normally, but if you aren't it doesn't seem like a problem at all to me. But maybe others here think differently....

I think it depends on what you want to get out of each visit and how well you know the community. If you have been corresponding or have visited in the past and you want to stop in that would be good but if you are wanting to really use that time for discernment that might not be the best.

Spem in alium

I agree with the above: I think it would be okay, provided you're not compromising the time you need to get what you want out of your visit.

Initially, that could be a good idea, since you will not have to make the trip twice over. However, should you wish to pursue further discernment with a community, then it would be better to spend more time in the community getting to know the sisters and their way of life. But for now, I don't see why not. God Bless and Prayers, 
Kim xxx