An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Stories

Carla

I have search the forum but i did not found any similar topic.Can we put here link or even whole vocation stories from priests and sisters.Some of them are really beautiful and i thinking it is worth to have them here on one place.What you think?

I will like to start with this beautiful story

http://www.passionistnuns.org/vocationstories/findinglove/

Totally Franciscan

Msgr. John Kelly Cody and I were high school classmates and friends.  He is a walking example of what trust in God can accomplish.  He is an amazing priest, man, human being.  FuturePriest387, do you know him? 

PhuturePriest

Msgr. John Kelly Cody and I were high school classmates and friends. He is a walking example of what trust in God can accomplish. He is an amazing priest, man, human being. FuturePriest387, do you know him?

I don't, but I have a stammer as well, so I've always really taken inspiration from his story.

What lovely vocation stories from you all.

Thank you Carla for starting this thread..................you must be delighted with the response.!

My mum took me with her to meetings of the local Catholic Women's League (I called them the LL's - League Ladies). It was here I met Sisters, watched films and slide shows on the RL and thought how great it would be to marry the most powerful person I knew about. ( I was about 8 at the time). ALL of these Sisters, films etc were of the active apostolate. I didn't hear about contemplatives untill I heard about The Little Flower. Then I took her for my confirmation name and made some special devotions to her - and well, you all know what SHE's like!

Later I did several retreats at a local Marie Reparatrice Convent and was immediately struck by the joy, the sincerity and the love of these holy women. I thought I might enter there.

Because I was by this time a student nurse, I was given lots of advice not to enter a contemplative order but to use the gifts God had given me in nursing. To me this seemed like going to a party where your loved one is. It a lovely party and you enjoy it but all the time you are longing just to be alone with the loved one.

I eventually went on what you all would call a discernment retreat and talked to a lovely wise Benedictine Priest, who asked me why I wanted to go into the cloister, and I said 'To love God for His Own sake.'

He looked down at the floor when I said that, and I thought 'Ooops!'

Then he looked up again, smiled and suggested I start finding my community of contemplatives. That afternoon at Exposition I was flooded with deep joy, and made a personal dedication to the Lord then and there, very spontaneously.

It took me about another year or more to find 'my' community and enter.

What lovely vocation stories from you all.

Thank you Carla for starting this thread..................you must be delighted with the response.!

Of course Jennirom i'm very happy that people share this beautiful stories.This stories inspire me to continue with my vocation.I hope so that some other fell the same,because this stories are so nice and they show their strength and devotion to God.God bless them.

I really like this one Carla.

would anyone want to start sharing their own discernment/ vocation stories? :P

Yes this one is so nice.After her nice carrier she enter in cloister community to answer God's call. I admire her a lot.I'm praying for her.

My mum took me with her to meetings of the local Catholic Women's League (I called them the LL's - League Ladies). It was here I met Sisters, watched films and slide shows on the RL and thought how great it would be to marry the most powerful person I knew about. ( I was about 8 at the time). ALL of these Sisters, films etc were of the active apostolate. I didn't hear about contemplatives untill I heard about The Little Flower. Then I took her for my confirmation name and made some special devotions to her - and well, you all know what SHE's like!

Later I did several retreats at a local Marie Reparatrice Convent and was immediately struck by the joy, the sincerity and the love of these holy women. I thought I might enter there.

Because I was by this time a student nurse, I was given lots of advice not to enter a contemplative order but to use the gifts God had given me in nursing. To me this seemed like going to a party where your loved one is. It a lovely party and you enjoy it but all the time you are longing just to be alone with the loved one.

I eventually went on what you all would call a discernment retreat and talked to a lovely wise Benedictine Priest, who asked me why I wanted to go into the cloister, and I said 'To love God for His Own sake.'

He looked down at the floor when I said that, and I thought 'Ooops!'

Then he looked up again, smiled and suggested I start finding my community of contemplatives. That afternoon at Exposition I was flooded with deep joy, and made a personal dedication to the Lord then and there, very spontaneously.

It took me about another year or more to find 'my' community and enter.

Thank you for sharing this with us.When i reed this i feel only more desire to enter religious life and give my heart totaly to Jesus.