An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Nature Of Compassion (split From Controversial)

blazeingstar

You know her whole life story, and character, based on a fairly short blog post? Best psychologist ever.

I'm not a psycologist!  I'm just saying why I DON'T FEEL SHE NEEDS MY COMPASSION.  Does one now have to be a psycologist to have an opinion?

And about the other response...great, so someone else is suffering from the same sort of body dysmorphia.    Just becuase 2 people got hung up on the same thing dosn't mean that it's somehow vindicated.

I'm not a psycologist!  I'm just saying why I DON'T FEEL SHE NEEDS MY COMPASSION.  Does one now have to be a psycologist to have an opinion?

And about the other response...great, so someone else is suffering from the same sort of body dysmorphia.    Just becuase 2 people got hung up on the same thing dosn't mean that it's somehow vindicated.

:hardhead:

I'm nice to people on my terms.  And you are still very young even though you think you are oh-so-grown up.

I don't know him, but did read one of his threads and now know that he shaves, so he IS grown up.

HisChildForever

You pretty much assassinated her character in your post. I was being sarcastic.

Although you have diagnosed her with BDD. Based on a tiny snippet.

And no, it's the same woman I quoted. If you go to the actual site, it's explained that she'll be posting in the comments section as Anonymous.

Edited by HisChildForever

PhuturePriest

I don't know him, but did read one of his threads and now know that he shaves, so he IS grown up.

I disagree with the premise that shaving makes you grown up, but I am quite proud that through some spectactular miracle my leg shaving got into this thread, so I liked your post. I can only hope this is the start of a very famous trend one day.

I think it would be amazing if we could be kinder here to each other on PM. I think the internet disproportionally displays peoples' deficiencies in the kindness department, but I think we can and should do better. Even when we think other people are being a bit too abrasive.

I don't know. :shrug:

Yes, why can't we all just get along and love each other and hug and share sweet stories about shaving our legs? *sigh* If only.... :cry4:

Yes, why can't we all just get along and love each other and hug and share sweet stories about shaving our legs? *sigh* If only.... :cry4:

That's not really what I meant. I think nice can be phony and if it doesn't come from an authentic place it's worth jack ****. BUT I'm starting to wonder if the internet is conducive to kindness (for me at least). I guess I'm thinking out loud lol.

That's not really what I meant. I think nice can be phony and if it doesn't come from an authentic place it's worth jack ****. BUT I'm starting to wonder if the internet is conducive to kindness (for me at least). I guess I'm thinking out loud lol.

I was just teasing because things had gotten so serious around here. I don't usually post a lot on any forum but from time to time I get sucked in and then I have to remind myself of that old meme...

Can%27t+stop+now+someone+is+wrong+on+the

I was just teasing because things had gotten so serious around here. I don't usually post a lot on any forum but from time to time I get sucked in and then I have to remind myself of that old meme...

Can%27t+stop+now+someone+is+wrong+on+the

51fb2a5ddddf5e8e8e97b8471bf36e8194391cbf

Christ could be angry and compassionate. How many parents have had to hold in their reaction while their child suffered from something from his foolishness? Y'all seem more black and white than the experience of life really is.

This woman doesn't need our compassion because we are not in the place to help, nor our judgement because we do not not know what kind of environment exactly she in. These things seem clear though, she had a problem, she was in a place that was bad for it/did not receive teaching in a way that presented truth to her in a good way, and none of us are God.

My view is that she placed HERSELF in this position.  That just because she fixated on this as the cause of her psychological problems it could of been ANYTHING

Mary+Immaculate<3

People need to learn to grow up and get over things.

There are many who have tried the simply "Getting over it" method. Oftentimes this doesn't help because they stuff their problems down deeper, where they only get worse.

There are many who have tried the simply "Getting over it" method. Oftentimes this doesn't help because they stuff their problems down deeper, where they only get worse.

Thats' what psychological help is for.  Dwelling never helped anyone.  Growing up means taking responsibility for your issues.

It also means taking responsibility towards those you may have hurt.  I saw only pride in her speaking of how far she put herself up on a pedisal over those "other girls" who were not as pure.  There was no remorse for what probably made her a very cruel person towards those who had both chosen sin and those who were assaulted.

Well, change is hard, for all of us, and we don;t change overnight.

If I did something through pride that ended up being a massive deal in my life, I (and nearly all of us) would squirm to have to face it, and getting out of the habit of pride/self aggrandisement/judging others or whatever takes time and commitment.

Only God knows her heart and thankfully, this issue (if there has been pride involved) is between her and God.

Oh, by the way blazingstar, you don't by any chance have BPD do you?