An Old School Catholic Message Board

Love Rules

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

There are Mans laws, there are natural laws, and holy scripture tells us there are heavenly laws. What do all these laws mean and which one constitute as loves of love and which don't and why or why not? Discuss, debate but don't argue. Perhaps that's a law of love right there. :) Let loose bubble the goose,escape the noose. Let's discuss this. :)

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

What kind of love are we talking about?  In general love's parameters were outlined in the Bible

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

In general, however, love can look different for different people.  I can "love from a distance" people who hurt me.  I do not keep a record of wrongs, but I ensure that I (and my family) is protected from harm.

KnightofChrist

Let loose bubble the goose, escape the noose.

“I know those words, but that sign makes no sense.”

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

lol. Yes love rules. How many rules are there? Okay the Corinthians is a description of  what love is, are these the only rules or are there more? Is eating with my elbows off the table a rule of love? What are the penalties for disobeying the rules?

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And eros is a form of love also pliny but this is a G rated sight as i have found out so i don't think where allowed to talk about that kind of love publicly, privately perhaps i don't know. I guess the love i'm talking about is love of parents, love of friends, love of family, love of people in general without the eros.