An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dummies Guide To Entering The Convent

maximillion

Ancilla Domini

Someone should contact the Imagine Sisters about this. I'm sure they could find a way to help!!!

I'm getting far too excited about this project. :hehe2:

I submit that Mater be nominated to head the chapter on where to secure the items needed for a possible "iist" of items that will be need upon entering a community. (Of course it can vary with different communities) ;)

Edited by nikita92

Ancilla Domini

I submit that Mater be nominated to head the chapter on where to secure the items needed for a possible "iist" of items that will be need upon entering a community. (Of course it can vary with different communities) ;)

Now that is a chapter that definitely needs writing. Good call, Nikita!

I have a friend who would love this idea. I'll have to ask her if she has any suggestions. :D

the sisters of st. francis of perpetual adoration have a really nice handbook they give to families that gives info/answers common questions etc. if i remember correctly - a lot of it was particular to their community but a lot of it was general information or information that could be made more general for a project like this. i know they have worked in conjunction with Imagine Sisters so maybe they could be a resource if y'all really do this.

Two parts......Apostolic and Cloistered?

Chapter headings:

'General Requirements for Entry, Documentation etc.'

'Recommended Reading: Aspirant'.

'Recommended Reading for Family and Friends'

'How to tell your family'.

As usual everyone forgets about Franciscan Evangelical Religious! They are neither apostolic or monastic - see my blog for more details - The Vocation Operation - under the page: Franciscan Evangelical Life.

God Bless,

Kim Lee

Edited by kg94

Ancilla Domini

We can't let this thread slide to page 2 on VS.

So, what chapters do we have so far? And who's working on it?

Cilla looks around - no one is as excited as I am? ... Oh well. :hehe2:

I wish I could contribute. Can we start an official list of writers and what chapters their doing? It could look like this.

Name             Chapter

I will write an intro to the cloistered section, unless anyone else wants to (Sr Catherine Mary?)

I am also happy to write something about Gregorian ( plain chant - I know not all communities have it but lots do).

And I can do one on the LOTH.

Ancilla Domini

We can't let this thread slide to page 2 on VS.

So, what chapters do we have so far? And who's working on it?

Cilla looks around - no one is as excited as I am? ... Oh well. :hehe2:

Oh deary me, look at that! It slid to page 2. :bounce:

brandelynmarie

Hmmmm...we could have a chapter dedicated to words & terms used in religious life....kinda like a mini dictionary :)

My two cents worth. A section for older discerners/ would-be entrants would be good. Also, please don't forget those outside the US and Canada. The books will have more appeal if they have a wider geographic focus. :)