An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clares Galway

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

This is a new video of life at the Galway Poor Clares. Delightful! The commentator acts normal around them, too!.As usual I can't figure out how to share it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tMBCfQaMLC4?list=UUmaVzAzJ_7JJtrL4gCZW0Ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In case you can't get the link above to work (like me) you can try this one. Same video, different route of getting to it. =) Thank you so much for sharing Sr. Mary Catharine!

Just watched this all the way through, and wow they did such a good job! I love how the reporter talked at the end of how contemplation was not about losing their personality, but letting it shine. I also loved what the elderly sister (couldn't catch her name) said about vocation, "You don't know, you grow into it. .....if 70% of you wants something you can say that is your vocation in life,  the you can have a lot of trouble with that 30%. and all that has to come up and be dealt with...no matter what life you are in." Such wonderful advice!

ChristinaTherese

Great video, Sister. Thanks for sharing.

If you want a slight tutorial on how to post videos, here one is:

1) Find video on youtube, and copy the link. You don't need to do any fancy work finding an embedded thingy or anything, just the plain link will do.

2) Come to PM and paste the link.

3) You might or might not have to put <media> before the link and </media> after the link. I've had it be required and I've had it be extraneous and while I think I know what the difference was I'm not sure I can explain it. So I'd just do it in case if i were you.

Example:

<media>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMBCfQaMLC4</media>

ETA: Okay, I can explain the difference. Somehow, I think that if it's posted as a clickable link it doesn't embed. Otherwise, you don't need to do anything fancy at all to make it embed. Just cut and paste the URL that you would normally use to view the video. No HTML or other fancy footwork necessary.

Edited by Christina Thérèse