An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling All Los Angeles Catholics!

SNJM

I just got a call that St. Cyril's of Jerusalem has been tagged today to be part if something called "flash mob" Catholics. It's in Encino on Ventura, between Sepulveda & Haskell. I'm headed there now for their Noon Mass. I have been asked to get the word out. Candlemas! Noon Mass! Don't let the Super Bowl take over this Sunday!!!! Please twitter this if you have an account!!!

Well, I went and it was worth the drive. This was perhaps the most beautiful (non-Latin) Mass I have ever been to. The choir was amazing & it was a traditional Mass for Candlemas with the Confirmation kids & the Choir processing in with lit candles. The priest did a formal blessing before Mass. The Choir was in robes & the priest did the Eucharistic prayer Number I, which was complimented by the Choir & they did do a chant in Latin (actually more than one). If anyone does live in Los Angeles & gets the chance to experience a Mass there, I recommend it thoroughly. This was perhaps the most reverent Mass I've ever been to.