An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is My Everything...topic Locked?

Julian

Interesting. :proud:

Nobody, barring DuST, my employeer and the cops tell me what I can and can't do.  Not even my parents or fiancee tell me what I can and can't do.  Unless I am subjected to their rules by law or practitacallity (employment, phatmass )No one does. peroid.  You told me I couldn't do something.  Just pointing out the facts of the matter.

Nobody, barring DuST, my employeer and the cops tell me what I can and can't do.  Not even my parents or fiancee tell me what I can and can't do.  Unless I am subjected to their rules by law or practitacallity (employment, phatmass )No one does. peroid.  You told me I couldn't do something.  Just pointing out the facts of the matter.

You have interesting views of power and authority. :proud:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

KnightofChrist

Just got through talking to dUSt, he appeared to in a taco, he commands us all, especially Blazey, to hush up eat more tacos and send him money.

Edited by KnightofChrist

I assume that "cops" means any thug with a gun. That's a self-preservation thing, I hope. Cops possess no special authority. They're just people in costumes.

just saw this, don't know if the OP has been answered or not, but anyway just coming in... basically, we reserve the right (that we would only exercise very rarely) to judge something as simply not adding anything of value to the site.  coupling that with the issues surrounding the condemnation of maria valtorta, the topic was locked.  I probably wouldn't have bothered to lock it, or if I did want to do anything about it I'd have probably deleted it instead of locking it.  just like the NY Times or Washington Post probably would not publish your "Everything Catholic" post if you sent it in as a letter to the editor of some kind, phatmass just basically rejected your submission... apologies for this site not being a useful platform for you to inform us about the lizard people... like I said, personally, I'd not have done anything about it if it were me... mostly because I see the value it would add to the site as being a lulz value... but one mod decided to just lock it and be done with it... and not a single tear was shed by the phatmass community.

anyway, apparently this is a thread now debating the status of maria valtorta's writings... fine by me... just remember, you're not sposedta argue over moderator decisions in public threads, if you disagree with one or want clarification you should use the PM feature.

anyway when it comes to this woman's so-called "visions", the Index's prohibition still holds moral force in my book, as it did in Ratzinger's CDF (and nothing indicates that has changed in the Vatican).  

I assume that "cops" means any thug with a gun. That's a self-preservation thing, I hope. Cops possess no special authority. They're just people in costumes.

Uhhh yea sure.  Some are (like my bonehead neighbor) and some aren't (like my brother) who saves lives every day in the rural area I grew up with.  Mostly he saves women from getting beaten to death from their husbands or parents/kids or even women from killing their husbands.  It's mostly domestics.  Or people going insane speeds...like 40+ over the limit.  Cops do have authority, some abuse it but for the most part they keep order.

Uhhh yea sure.  Some are (like my bonehead neighbor) and some aren't (like my brother) who saves lives every day in the rural area I grew up with.  Mostly he saves women from getting beaten to death from their husbands or parents/kids or even women from killing their husbands.  It's mostly domestics.  Or people going insane speeds...like 40+ over the limit.  Cops do have authority, some abuse it but for the most part they keep order.

They possess no more authority than anyone else. They do have legal power to beat you to death for being a homeless man, though. Or to shoot children for carrying airsoft rifles. Or to detain and conduct colonoscopies on people who walk funny, or whose cars make dogs bark.

Those who exercise the exact same rights as the rest of us, but while wearing a costume that identifies them as someone trained to diffuse situations, are to be commended. I know very few police who refuse to enforce the various prohibitions that exist across the United States. In fact, I'd be surprised if any did, since enforcing these unlawful bits of legislation are seen by the courts as the purpose of today's law enforcement.

hold on, why doesn't the non-aggression principle forbid you from initiating the force of a debate about anarchism into every topic?

haha I kid, I kid :P carry on.

hold on, why doesn't the non-aggression principle forbid you from initiating the force of a debate about anarchism into every topic?

haha I kid, I kid :P carry on.

I think this was one of those days when there were stories about police escalating situations were in the news.

Which is every day.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

John XXIII put it on the Index of Forbidden books. It's in the wikipedia page that's referenced a few times in this thread. That's a condemnation. Even though the index was abolished, the Italian conference of bishops still insisted that when her book was published, a note be inserted in the front to ensure readers knew that "visions" were not real visions but a literary device used by the author. That's also quoted in the wiki article that has been linked multiple times. 

So reptilian could just mean slime ball or someone who seems to be a bit iffy perhaps a fake a fraud a con artist selling hear we go ' snake oil' there's another reptile plug, and please understand i am not saying president obama is any of these, i know nothing of the guy but i do disagree with what i heard is his pro abortion stance. It could have been her type of descriptive language or the descriptive language of her part of the community at the time, is that what is meant by 'literary device used by the author' ? 

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

They possess no more authority than anyone else. They do have legal power to beat you to death for being a homeless man, though. Or to shoot children for carrying airsoft rifles. Or to detain and conduct colonoscopies on people who walk funny, or whose cars make dogs bark.

Those who exercise the exact same rights as the rest of us, but while wearing a costume that identifies them as someone trained to diffuse situations, are to be commended. I know very few police who refuse to enforce the various prohibitions that exist across the United States. In fact, I'd be surprised if any did, since enforcing these unlawful bits of legislation are seen by the courts as the purpose of today's law enforcement.

That's like saying all Priests have no authority becuase some are child-rapists, drug addicts, thieves, liars and con-artists.