An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedictines

Kayte Postle

salveregina10

We can't forget to mention our awesome international Congregation, the Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing.  We are in 19 countries and share the gospel through community life and missionary apostolates.  

http://www.osb-tutzing.it/

Ooo, I think it's really interesting that they have internships. It would be a unique and wonderful way to experience the flow of Benedictine monastic life.

btw, Mater you are a research wizard.

...and they accept discerners up to age 50!

internship??? Isn't that being a postulant?

Nope, like legit internship.

"At Our Lady of the Rock we offer informal internships through a monastic “Land Program”.

These internships are open to men and women, of all faiths, over the age of 18. Enrollment is limited. Internships may be for six months or one year. Interns live in housing provided by the monastery and are invited to share in the rhythm of work and prayer that structures the life of the community, though no religious affiliation is required. Internships may begin at any time of the year."

(Here's the link for the full description of the program)

Edited by Kayte Postle

Ooo, I think it's really interesting that they have internships. It would be a unique and wonderful way to experience the flow of Benedictine monastic life.

btw, Mater you are a research wizard.

Hehe!  I love to research!  I even included 2 more communities that I referenced here on my website for Belated Vocations.  ;)

I think Nunsense discerned with the Benedictines of Our Lady of the Rock. She described the program a bit and it sounded really cool.

A small correction.  The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are not Benedictines and they do not follow the Rule of Saint Benedict.  They are de Montfortian in spirituality and are not monastics.  The name Saint Benedict Center is a legacy from the original Saint Benedict Center at Harvard.  They are spiritual descendants of Father Feeney [b]and they are of course in complete canonical regularity and are on good relations with their bishop[/b].  It also goes without saying that they do beautiful works.  Some of the group from the original SBC [i]did[/i] become Benedictines and they to be found in Saint Benedict's Abbey, Still River.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

A small correction.  The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are not Benedictines and they do not follow the Rule of Saint Benedict.  They are de Montfortian in spirituality and are not monastics.  The name Saint Benedict Center is a legacy from the original Saint Benedict Center at Harvard.  They are spiritual descendants of Father Feeney and they are of course in complete canonical regularity and are on good relations with their bishop.  It also goes without saying that they do beautiful works.  Some of the group from the original SBC did become Benedictines and they to be found in Saint Benedict's Abbey, Still River.

Yes, this is true. The "older" community of Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary DO follow the rule of St. Benedict although they are not Benedictines. Both communities follow de Monfort Spirituality but I would say that the "older" community is more monastic in its way of life. They are canonically distinct communities.

It's confusing, I know!

Yes, this is true. The "older" community of Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary DO follow the rule of St. Benedict although they are not Benedictines. Both communities follow de Monfort Spirituality but I would say that the "older" community is more monastic in its way of life. They are canonically distinct communities.

It's confusing, I know!

it is very confusing! Thank you Sr. Mary Catherine, and Historian for the corrections!