An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belated Vocations

begin_again

This is my first time to post anything on this site, but I saw an article about a new private association of the faithful in Maine which might be of interest to those who are trying to locate an order or a new foundation that will accept older vocations.  I know that most do not accept women after the age of 60 although they will consider those who are older.  This new group of two (at the present time) will accept applicants up to the age of 72!  They are the Sisters of the Cure' of Ars in Maine.  They are an active community versus those who are completely cloistered.  They are diocesan approved.  Their website tells the story of the foundress   I found the site informative and very nicely done.  I hope this might help those who are looking for an order that will accept older vocations.

www.sistersofthecureofars.org

OnlySunshine

Thank you for bringing this community to our attention.  For anyone who is interested in belated vocations, I still have my website that I originally made for the Vocation Director of a Franciscan order since many older vocations were requesting information.  There are so many beautiful orders out there that will accept belated vocations:

http://belatedvocations.weebly.com/

Welcome to VS, Begin_Again!  Bringing this new community to our attention is much appreciated!

What a great screen name!

Another private association in Maine is the Community of the Resurrection in the diocese of Portland.  They are Dominican in origin, some being former sisters of Bethany, devoted to women in prison. Now they say the office, have daily exposition, attend mass in the parish, raise lambs and board dogs on their roomy acerage.  They host local lay Dominicans once a month. They appear to be middle to late middle aged.  I think that they also would accept  older vocations.  They have a nice website here:

http://www.communityoftheresurrection.com/