An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christian Love Conditional Or Unconditional

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

May the love of Christ and one another consume each of you.

So i was thinking about this and here are some possible examples of conditional love from holy scripture.

1. The 10 commandments.

2. Unsure of the verse number book and chapter but Jesus said words to this effect " Judge not less you be judged also. Condemn not and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. You will be measured in the same way you measure others, therefore do to others what you would have them do to you."

These are just 2 possible examples of conditional love or love that has boundaries/borders or something like that anyway, the holy scriptures seem to have many of these boundaries. I don't know whether christian love is meant to be conditional or unconditional, conditional meaning to have certain boundaries/borders but the scriptures as i read them tell me conditional for man, i could be wrong. 

I just wan't to see other peoples thoughts on the matter in debate for as to why our love should or shouldn't be conditional or unconditional or perhaps it should be a bit of both. But also can anyone think of scriptural passages that state clearly or unclearly that Gods love for man is unconditional.

And perhaps some examples supporting either or both sides. 

Okay God bless you all.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus is LORD.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I guess a 3rd example of scriptural conditional love is when Jesus draws a line in the sand and says " he without sin cross this line" Is he saying he without sin cross this border?