An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Stools

brandelynmarie

brandelynmarie

I'm shopping around for prayer stools & wondered if anyone has had experience using them. How useful are they? What types are out there? Any portables? How comfortable are they for long term use (up to an hour)? Where could one find well made ones? Thanks pham :blush:

Heavenlywood.com prices start at 87$ I have had 4 knee operations in my past. I am a fairly active person due to my type of job. I can kneel down to pray fairly well. It's getting back up that I find causes abit of a struggle! I do have one in my home though!

brandelynmarie

Right now I am definitely looking for something smaller...lower to the ground....something that I could sit on...

I'm shopping around for prayer stools & wondered if anyone has had experience using them. How useful are they? What types are out there? Any portables? How comfortable are they for long term use (up to an hour)? Where could one find well made ones? Thanks pham :blush:

From my nuntrunk website:

http://www.getitinyoursoul.com/prayer-bench/

brandelynmarie

Nikita, do you find the kneeler easier to use? :)

Mater, thank you & do you have any experience with these prayer stools?

Nikita, do you find the kneeler easier to use? :)

Mater, thank you & do you have any experience with these prayer stools?

I've used similar ones at Church during Adoration.  They are nicer than just kneeling on your knees because it keeps your back from aching and helps you balance your weight better.  :)

Thank you very much for the website, MM!!! - I can have one shipped to Australia for under $90.  I haven't been able to locate a supplier in Australia and am so glad I followed through on your site to the checkout (I was thinking that the cost of shipping would add too much to the price).

The one I chose cost $69.99 http://www.getitinyoursoul.net/home.php?cat=1007   Although I haven't decided on wood type and colour just yet and I am a bit short of the "under $90".  But I am registered on the site for as soon as I have the money.  This strikes me as a lovely gift from Our Lady (Solemnity of Mary Mother of God today [Solemnity began at 6pm Vespers 31.12.13]). I have been looking for one of these prayer stools for quite a while.

Thanks heaps again!..............Happy New Year.....I am a very happy chappie!......Barb :)

Just for an idea... it are just three peaces of wood... all the "little benches" (littler wooden prayer stools) that we have in our chapels are self-made. You just need three peaces of wood and put them together. One can put a cushion on top of it or a scarf if one needs a bit more "comfortability".

I like the little benches, because when I just kneel sitting on my heels my feet fall asleep after 1/4 h.

You sometimes see them on ebay. I've seen quite a few at more reasonable prices. They are often listed as meditation stools. Some are also foldable and so ideal for travel.

Edited by Lil'Nun

http://www.embody.co.uk/blog/post/how_to_make_a_meditation_stool

Make one!

Talking of use, I used one in the convent, the Taize type, and got one when I came home  - I still have it somewhere........as I can no longer kneel.

It was always comfortable but not so comfortable as to be conducive to dozing! Yes, I have used it for periods of longer than an hour without any problems.

My dad made me one for my birthday last year, and I love it! He even put hinges on the feet so that they fold up, and the stool becomes much easier to store away in my tiny apartment. They are fantastic, I've used my for periods longer than an hour.

I knew that was the kind you were talking about Brandy! I saw one of those in a catalog I get.. I just didn't recall
the name or have it with me to refer it. Prayer stool is different than a kneeler! Lol Thanks MM for your reference!!