An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Have Any Issues With Pope Francis' Messaging?

StMichael

I hate to break it to you Reyb... but it's pretty clear they have an intern running the Pope's English twitter account.   Pope Francis is not really back there tweeting in 20 different languages.

Of course, it is pretty obvious. It is not Pope Francis himself who are doing it. To me, it is a kind of Catholic advertising...not too bad as a style in ads.   

PhuturePriest

The Catholic Church is favorable toward the use of a knowledge of temperament to provide spiritual direction and for self-understanding.  This is not akin to astrology or any type of divination.  It is based on millennia of observing human nature.

An example of a traditional Catholic use of temperament is the well-known work of Fr. Conrad Hock

There are also a number of solid, Catholic books on the subject, such as The Temperament God Gave You, published by Sophia Institute Press.

My temperament happens to be melancholic.  My secondary temperament is choleric.  Which means that I was barely able to restrain myself, after reading your posts, from doing this:   :wedgie:

I'm a sanguine. Not to shock the world or anything. :P

Clare Brigid

I'm a sanguine. Not to shock the world or anything. :P

Yes, I already knew that, Miles. :bounce:

It's good, though, that you know your temperament at such a young age.  This will help you a great deal with relating to others, living your faith and discerning your vocation in general and your personal vocation in particular.

PhuturePriest

Yes, I already knew that, Miles. :bounce:

It's good, though, that you know your temperament at such a young age.  This will help you a great deal with relating to others, living your faith and discerning your vocation in general and your personal vocation in particular.

I read the book and took the test, though the results didn't surprise me, as when I read the part about Sanguines, I was already pretty certain I was one of them, anyway.