An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kayak Problems

I have a kayak.  But I cannot store in it my apartment.  My friend Steve said that I can store my kayak in his garage.  Assuming that I can make my kayak fit in there, this seems like an intriguing proposal.  But My friend Steve wants me to pay him for the time that my kayak is in his garage.  I think that he should just let me put it there for free.  I understand that it's his garage but I often pay for our dinners when we hang out. 

Thoughts?  Would it be wrong of me to trick Steve into letting my do this for free?

Like maybe we could both get really drunk and then I could ask him to let me store my kayak there for free.  Just this once.Once it became regular thing he be more cool about it in the future.

maybe the Kayak is free and he's charging you for having to put up with you, and he's trying to be nice?

just an alternate theory....

If you want to maintain the friendship, find a different place to store it.

Who pays for repairs if it is damaged?
What if it is stolen?
What if he lends it to someone?
What if you take it out to use and something goes missing from his garage?

Put it in your living room with a sheet of plexiglass over it.  Interesting conversation-piece coffee table, and problem solved.

Invite your friend over to celebrate your new arrival.  :)

Have you suggested storing it for free at first, seeing if it works out, and then working out a system of payment if you decide to continue to repeatedly store your kayak in his garage?

You could also agree to let him take it out of his garage and use it himself Can he handle a kayak? You might need to train him, but you could offer to do that for free in exchange for him letting you store your kayak in his garage.

CatholicsAreKewl

Like maybe we could both get really drunk and then I could ask him to let me store my kayak there for free.  Just this once.Once it became regular thing he be more cool about it in the future.

This could end up becoming an excellent Judge Judy episode.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl