An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emma Berry Dvd From Behind The Walls Poor Clares Monastery Roswell New

lisaberry

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video.

It must of been lovely for you to see Emma in the Mobastery and I can appreciate how you are so very proud of her.

Thank you SOOOO much for sharing this wonderful video.  How inspiring and beautiful!  You must  be very proud of Emma and her vocation.  God bless you all,

VeniJesuAmorMi

So wonderful! Thank you for sharing. Emma comes to mind sometimes and I wonder how she is. I'm so happy to hear that she is well and persevering! Its really nice to see more of the Poor Clare Monastery in Roswell also; a beautiful community. :)

brandelynmarie

Thank you for sharing this with us! I've about worn out the other Poor Clare videos on the web ;) ....The Beauty, the Light....the Truth....the gentle humor even......please let Mother & the sisters know it has brought us great joy. :)

Edited by brandelynmarie

• Thank you everybody for your kind words. We are very proud of Emma. Pray for her as she is homesick right now, Advent is very intense and no letters are exchanged during this time. We are extremely close to her, so it is hard on everybody, but so worth it. Please share this video with everyone you know. God bless you all-Lisa

Emma's mom....beautiful video, thank you for sharing it.  She looks peaceful and happy!  One of my daughters left an active order to enter Carmel (now a novice) and her older sister is in an active order.  These times of mail fast are hard for all involved especially the first year; I'm praying for you and for Sr. Emma.  If you want to chat, send me a pm. 

Lisa, thank you for sharing this. 

And a thought for you and for Lisa.... 

I don't know if you have watched any of Downton Abbey, but it is a British series about the servants and well-to-do family that share a large country estate in England about a hundred years ago.  

At one point the main Housekeeper (who is the woman in charge og all the servants) finds one of the young footmen (the lowest level of the men servants in the house) having a 'weepy' moment.  He is embarassed, and she tells him not to be, saying very gently that the ability to feel homesick means that you come from a happy home... and that is nothing to be ashamed of.   And that there were many others there who might envy him that.

I remember being struck when I heard that of what a lovely thing to say to someone who was homesick... and how apt it was for those moments (and I remember them well!) when I was lonely while a postulant.  I wish someone had said it to me!!!!

Please let Emma know that while we are happy she is where she is (presuming it is right for her!), that we know she (and you!) will have normal moments of homesickness, that this is normal, and speaks well of your family.  

And that there are spiritual hugs to surround all of you as needed.  

Give her our love and prayers.   :) :pray: :heart:

Sister Maria Jose is the one making her vows at the end of the video. She is so beautiful, she was a star basketball player in college and heard God calling her to become a Contemplative Nun. She and Emma are like peas and carrots as the only two novice sisters.