An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Faith

das8949

Has anyone heard from Sister Faith? The last time she wrote to me she was going into the hospital for a lengthy treatment. She has often been in my thoughts and I would be interested in knowing how she is doing? Thanks in advance.

As far as I am aware she has returned to the community after her treatment. I last had a note from her in October.

They are in the long fast and typically don't communicate much in this time. I don't expect to hear from her until Christmas or the new year........

She had about a month in hospital, which was very tough on her, but seemed a blessing for the other patients. ;) She was able to be a supportive presence for quite a lot of people on her ward (even if it meant that she didn't get enough rest!).

She is back in the monastery, but still not in the best of health. She's struggling with a chest infection but hopefully on the mend. We should pray for her. Chronic asthma can't be the easiest condition to manage in London, and in winter it's extra unfun with all the coughs and colds going about.

I got a post from her Reverend Mother today as well! TY both very much!

Yes, Sr Faith came home from hospital about five weeks ago and is slowly taking up normal life again.

God bless your Advent!

Sr Mary of St Joseph

• 2 weeks later...
IgnatiusofLoyola

Thank-you for this update on Sister Faith. She sent me a wonderful letter on my birthday, which was very unexpected, since I had not been good about writing to her. I knew about her health problems, and was sorry to read in the posts above that she had to go to the hospital--and for such a long time! However, I'm VERY glad to hear that she is back with the Community.

This will give me an extra incentive to send Sister Faith a letter for Christmas!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola