An Old School Catholic Message Board

Barefoot Friars

veridiana50

Alberto Guimaraes

Peace and Good!

Both are Capuchins, because their mantles are short, only covering the upper limbs just to the finger points.

The other Franciscan branches members use their mantles just to the ankles.

I suppose the novice will belong to the Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth      

http://www.capuchinsisters.com/home.html

Lovely, the brother being barefoot on the snow!!

Jesus, Mary and Francis bless them!

Br. Alberto Guimaraes OFS

Braga - Portugal

Alberto, 

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the novice being Capuchin Sister of Nazareth.  This sister has a full guimpe whereas the Capuchins you linked does not (they also where sandals when outside).

Truthfinder posted their web site above; there's the Franciscan Brothers Minor, Poor Sisters of St. Clare, and Franciscan Sisters Minor as well as Lay Franciscans. You can friend "Little Assisi" on facebook or like the "Franciscan Brothers Minor" page for updates. The FSM are very new so there's only a few sisters, and Mother Colette (the 2nd sister you see in that video) just made her first vows last Thursday! There are a lot of brothers though. They have a novitiate in Rome, IN and a house in Columbus, OH (so they can go to seminary) as well as their friary in Ft. Wayne, IN. The PSSC are pretty private online as a way of guarding their enclosure and remaining hidden in Christ. Feel free to pm me about any of the communities; I love them so much  :nun1:

Edited by Pax_et bonum

I know the Franciscan Brothers Minor, but d'nt seem them, nor their sisters. Certainly not Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth. I wuold love to have infirmation on the life and rule of the sisters in video.

Alberto Guimaraes

Alberto, 

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the novice being Capuchin Sister of Nazareth.  This sister has a full guimpe whereas the Capuchins you linked does not (they also where sandals when outside).

Peace and Good!   :saint2: 

You are right, truthfinder. I didn' t stared that detail, although the novice at the video is wearing sandals with black socks.   :nun3: 

Jesus, Mary and Francis be with you, keep you and bless you!   :nunpray: 

Br. Alberto Guimaraes OFS

Braga - Portugal

brandelynmarie

So the FSM & the FBM are the active families of this Franciscan community & the PSSC are the contemplatives?

Edited by brandelynmarie

• 5 years later...
Friar Rodney Burnap

Not directly, we are New Monastic Friars . . .our vision as Friars is to aggressively fulfilled the Great Commission...Mark 16:15 to Forsake all Luke14:33 because of Romans 10:14-17