An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedictines Of Mary

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Bach. (Or does nobody understand that reference?)

ETA: Or maybe, being VS, we needn't bring PDQ Bach into things....

Haha! That's exactly what I thought when I read PDQ. XD

The Unbegun Symphony... :P

• 2 years later...

Okay so I know this is a super old thread but I just wanted to say thank you for the insight on these sisters (and how to write a letter to the novice mistress) before I sent a letter to them! They have been on my list (as #1) for over two years and this past week I sought permission from my spiritual director to write a letter to them and he agreed. I wrote my letter to them on Tuesday and mailed it yesterday to give me time to back out (lol!) 

This is my first contact with their community (in reality any community that I actually have had my heart set on...) I had some contact with the Passionist here in KY but I was mainly communication with them to get a feel for religious life in general. I have never had a desire to become a Passionist. For all those who know me on here, y'all know I have loved the Benedictine spirituality since the very beginning. 

Lol prayers please sorry for the rant. 

Carter that is exciting! I'm scheduled to visit them in Jan and I am really looking forward to it. I've emailed with the novice mistress a couple of times and she has been so nice. I will be spending 6 days there so I'm hoping to get a really good idea about their life and such.

12 minutes ago, TheresaThoma said:

Carter that is exciting! I'm scheduled to visit them in Jan and I am really looking forward to it. I've emailed with the novice mistress a couple of times and she has been so nice. I will be spending 6 days there so I'm hoping to get a really good idea about their life and such.

So jealous TT! You must tell me how your visit goes!!! 

1 hour ago, cartermia said:

So jealous TT! You must tell me how your visit goes!!! 

I will try to. I return to Mater Redemptoris the day after (so therefore no social media there). But I will PM you with an email address if you want to keep in touch.

On 12/20/2016 at 4:49 PM, TheresaThoma said:

I will try to. I return to Mater Redemptoris the day after (so therefore no social media there). But I will PM you with an email address if you want to keep in touch.

Yes please! And please be assured of my prayers for you!