An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone Familiar With The Psychology Test Questions?

Freedom

Whatever test they give to enter into religious life.

I've not done these before, but I should think that the specific questionnaires used would vary by community.

Why do you ask, Freedom? Are you trying to "prepare" for one?

Why do you ask, Freedom? Are you trying to "prepare" for one?

Not so much prepare for one as to have a general idea of what to expect haha.  I've received an application to a certain community and I know that they pay for the expensive Psych Test.  Anyway this isn't until the first application goes through and it's after the second application gets approved.  Some time in between I'm sure.

Be yourself...totally honest.  As statements or situations are usually repeated throughout this type of testing, any inconsistency

in your responses will be noted (a "red flag").  Say a prayer to the Holy Spirit and don't worry!  You'll be fine!

Totally agree with what ARFink said.   Just be yourself... and God will do the rest.

And I will add the BEST piece of vocation advice I ever received was from a Fr. B.  

He said:

If God wants you in __________ Community, nothing on earth will keep you out.

If God does NOT want you in _________ Community, nothing on earth will get you in.

So... Be at peace, be yourself, and just let God do the work.

Father B. was a wonderful priest who died a few years back... and I and so many others have found his words helpful.

And... you will get a better result if you don't know what is in the evaluation... and every community does different ones.  So, just get a good night's sleep, have a good breakfast, say a prayer and go for it!!!!! :flex:

And... you will get a better result if you don't know what is in the evaluation... and every community does different ones.  So, just get a good night's sleep, have a good breakfast, say a prayer and go for it!!!!! :flex:

Yeah, a lot of psych evals have questions on them that are more prone to error if you "overthink" them.

Yup.    And really, you can't fake the things.  They are designed to catch that.  So just get yourself in the best place you can, and enjoy the experience (! :hehe2: !)

ToJesusMyHeart

My test asked me: "True or false? Sometimes, my soul leaves my body."

...................False. 

ChristinaTherese

My test asked me: "True or false? Sometimes, my soul leaves my body."

...................False. 

My soul is firmly affixed to my body for the time being. As evidenced every. single. time. that I get distracted in prayer. How could it leave anyway?

Hi CT.....

'Sometimes my soul leaves my body, T/F' is not a question in the way you have understood it. It is a question designed to flag up those who may have psychotic tendencies.

Psychologists know that there is a strong correlation between those who report such experiences and psychotic traits.

It is one of the reasons I don't like these tests, since these are flags and possibilities only, and for a community to take the results as a real indication of something worrisome, is worrisome!

However, since they are used, I echo others advice, don't prepare (you can't) and be yourself.