An Old School Catholic Message Board

Salesian Sisters

Zoe1188

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Salesian Sisters. I am going on a come and see weekend, hopefully in December. I love that they are an active community that work with kids, but also have a strong community prayer life. They can also help with student loan debt which is great.

I'm very excited!

I'm actually applying. The Salesians are dynamic, beautiful, joyful, and holy. Their whole life is with the young people, for the young people. I'll actually be at that come and see!

I'm actually applying. The Salesians are dynamic, beautiful, joyful, and holy. Their whole life is with the young people, for the young people. I'll actually be at that come and see!

That's awesome! I hope you get accepted. Maybe you can fill me in on what the app process is like. Hope to see meet you in December!

Kylie Spinelli

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Salesian Sisters. I am going on a come and see weekend, hopefully in December. I love that they are an active community that work with kids, but also have a strong community prayer life. They can also help with student loan debt which is great.

I'm very excited!

Hello! Yes they are wonderful!! Prepare for a LOT of fun!! I spent two weeks with them, praise God, during the summer and they are a wonderful community! 

I personally don't feel called to their order, as I am more contemplative than their order generally is (They have a wonderful life, doing both active work and contemplation!). It just wasn't enough for me. 

And when you go, make sure to tell Sister Colleen (Vocation Director) that Kylie said hello!!

God bless you and good luck in your discernment!!

~Kylie

Oh, Kylie mentions a good point. After working with them for like 3 months, I noticed that while they do have communal prayer, a lot of your prayer life will be on your own. Which is great! I like that. Some don't.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if any of you know what their policy is on medication? Thanks!

it's a case by case basis. if you have an interest in the sisters, contact the vocations director and explain to her your case.

loveletslive

have you watched the light of love film? if not, watch it too see a profile of the salesians & get more of a snapshot of their life!