An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Superhero Topic

jeffpugh

It would be between invisibility and teleportation. Teleportation trumps flying because theoretically, one who could teleport could simulate flying by simply teleporting themselves through the sky in rapid succession.

Bi-directional telepathy any day; just as long as I'm not wheelchair bound.

Sure, teleportation and telekinesis are right up there, but it certainly takes invisibility any day. Consider, the telepath can sense the location of the invisible person, and can scream into the person's mind - or worse, talk inside their heads in the tone of Fran Drescher or Gilbert Godfrey. They would be begging for mercy in seconds.

As for what I could do with it, well, consider how quickly I could learn things, just by peering into the minds of anyone from scientists to theologians. Let's also consider its usefulness in negotiations. Sure it's selfish, so I probably wouldn't want to use it that way, not that I wouldn't be sorely tempted. A super-villain with this power would be nigh unstoppable, maybe even worse than Dr. Doom.

As I do look forward to becoming a priest, consider that I couldn't be fooled by a bad confession. Consider how powerful it would be in spiritual direction. Consider how easy it would be to interview for the new head of the music ministry, etc.

[quote name='Dismas' post='1445674' date='Jan 14 2008, 04:29 PM']...Consider how easy it would be to interview for the new head of the music ministry, etc.[/quote]

Now you're talkin!

(great post, btw)