An Old School Catholic Message Board

New...nuns On The Block!

Dominican Nuns Menlo Park

A prayerful greetings to all!

So we (I) have finally arrived!...Thanks to those of you who gave words of encouragement! 

A special thanks to AnneLine who kindly showed me how to drive and has given me a map to drive around without getting lost!  Thank you all.  I find this is a very warm and friendly place where you are all there to support one another.  Thanks be to God!  I wish to offer you prayers and support on your discernment journey.  It seems not too long ago that I too was struggling to understand the will of God!

My name is Sister Joseph Marie (with a mystery name…of the Child Jesus, OP) and I am the Novice Mistress in our community.  A little bit about who we are… we are the Dominican nuns of Corpus Christi Monastery located in Menlo Park…at the heart of California near Stanford University.  We are also very close to where the Facebook headquarters is :).

If you or someone you know might have a contemplative vocation, have questions about contemplative life or may want to know what nuns are like…I hope to be able to help you.  You may also contact our vocation directress at: vocations@nunsmenlo.org, or email me at jmjd@nunsmenlo.org or message me any time and I would be very happy to help you…all for the glory of God! 

God bless you all!

"The form of contemplative life, which you received from the hands of St Dominic in the manner of the cloister, place you as living, vital members in the heart of the Mystical Body of the Lord, which is the Church; and just as the heart makes the blood circulate and keeps the whole body alive, so your hidden existence with Christ, where work and prayer alternate, helps to sustain the Church, the instrument of salvation for every person whom the Lord has redeemed with his Blood."

-Pope Benedict XVI, Meeting with Dominican Cloistered Nuns at the Monastery of Santa Maria del Rosario, 6/24/10

A prayerful greetings to all!

So we (I) have finally arrived!...Thanks to those of you who gave words of encouragement! 

A special thanks to AnneLine who kindly showed me how to drive and has given me a map to drive around without getting lost!  Thank you all.  I find this is a very warm and friendly place where you are all there to support one another.  Thanks be to God!  I wish to offer you prayers and support on your discernment journey.  It seems not too long ago that I too was struggling to understand the will of God!

My name is Sister Joseph Marie (with a mystery name…of the Child Jesus, OP) and I am the Novice Mistress in our community.  A little bit about who we are… we are the Dominican nuns of Corpus Christi Monastery located in Menlo Park…at the heart of California near Stanford University.  We are also very close to where the Facebook headquarters is :).

If you or someone you know might have a contemplative vocation, have questions about contemplative life or may want to know what nuns are like…I hope to be able to help you.  You may also contact our vocation directress at: vocations@nunsmenlo.org, or email me at jmjd@nunsmenlo.org or message me any time and I would be very happy to help you…all for the glory of God! 

God bless you all!

Sister, does your community celebrate the Extraordinary Form of the Mass?

Welcome Sister Joseph Marie............ I know that you will enjoy the fellowship of the phamily. 

God Bless you all at Menlo Park.

Edited by Jennirom

Awe, Thank you all for such a warm welcome, everyone!  I'm still trying to figure out how to respond back to the post.  So as for your question Curiousing: no, our community does not celebrate the Extraordinary Form of the Mass...yet :).  We talked about it in the Novitiate and just yesterday, one of our Dominican friars came for a visit and we were glad to hear the friars at St. Albert Priory in Oakland now celebrate the Mass once a month.  Time will tell :)

Awe, Thank you all for such a warm welcome, everyone!  I'm still trying to figure out how to respond back to the post.  So as for your question Curiousing: no, our community does not celebrate the Extraordinary Form of the Mass...yet :).  We talked about it in the Novitiate and just yesterday, one of our Dominican friars came for a visit and we were glad to hear the friars at St. Albert Priory in Oakland now celebrate the Mass once a month.  Time will tell :)

That is exciting, its nice to see that more and more priest are learning the EF and being able to offer it. I have a parish close to me that offers it (run by some FSSP priests) and I love going there on occasion.