An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman Cardinals.

Spem in alium

Ya know all those promises Obama makes every election? yeah that's worth about the same.

Did you read it? it's a landmark feminist piece.

Edited by Maggie

Because I do not speak American English and no I do not pronounce the 'h'.

oh your scottish. That's cute. So long as you know your place.

USA IS #1

Ya know all those promises Obama makes every election? yeah that's worth about the same.

Pope John Paul and Obama are the same, just like two peas in a pod

PhuturePriest

PRO's: You get helpful insight from ya'know roughly 50% of the people that make up the Church

CON's: Those dang kids won't get off your lawn, and now they stole your dentures.

Yeah there really isn't any reason not to have a female Cardinal, except for the fact the Church risks losing power to a minority that may not fall in with the company line.

P.S. There are more women in the Church than the men. This is how it's always been. The minority is in charge, not the majority.

Semper Catholic

P.S. There are more women in the Church than the men. This is how it's always been. The minority is in charge, not the majority.

No women are a minority regardless of numbers.

Wow, this has been entertaining. I only made it through three pages though, it was getting repetitive watching those with feminist views bash those with traditional catholic views. I seen one hilarious post saying catholic schools are traditionally run by women. I went through catholic grade school and high school as did my kids and we traveled regularly for my fathers contracting work, I have never seen one catholic school ran by a woman usually a priest runs the school and delegates responsibilities to those who work under him. 

I can't help but feel articles like this one are not only tools of the devil, but a venue of enjoyment for him. The church is under attack these days and misinformation like this just adds to general views about the church, its old views are outdated in this modern world. I believe that if Jesus wanted a female priest or apostle he would have anointed one. I can not believe Jesus was so short sighted that he could not foresee feminists views, he just refused to entertain them. Maybe he thought a woman being the mother of God would be the greatest honor, superseding even the priesthood, that any mortal could achieve.  

I once went to a mass that the presiding priest during the Eucharistic prayer would say, God our most merciful Father, mother.... He actually would ad lib mother ! I am glad he did not have a twitty account or else the headline might have read " Vatican to announce God is actually a woman !"

ed

Wow, this has been entertaining. I only made it through three pages though, it was getting repetitive watching those with feminist views bash those with traditional catholic views. I seen one hilarious post saying catholic schools are traditionally run by women. I went through catholic grade school and high school as did my kids and we traveled regularly for my fathers contracting work, I have never seen one catholic school ran by a woman usually a priest runs the school and delegates responsibilities to those who work under him. 

I can't help but feel articles like this one are not only tools of the devil, but a venue of enjoyment for him. The church is under attack these days and misinformation like this just adds to general views about the church, its old views are outdated in this modern world. I believe that if Jesus wanted a female priest or apostle he would have anointed one. I can not believe Jesus was so short sighted that he could not foresee feminists views, he just refused to entertain them. Maybe he thought a woman being the mother of God would be the greatest honor, superseding even the priesthood, that any mortal could achieve.  

I once went to a mass that the presiding priest during the Eucharistic prayer would say, God our most merciful Father, mother.... He actually would ad lib mother ! I am glad he did not have a twitty account or else the headline might have read " Vatican to announce God is actually a woman !"

ed

Heh, typical for people to dismiss viewpoints as "feminism". 

Also tool of the devil? You obviously havent been reading close enough.

I spoke with my older brother about this topic (who is probably one of the best Catholics I know and has  spent many years in the seminary as he feels called to the priesthood) and his basic opinion was that Women cardinals seems like an awesome idea! He was very much in favor of it and thought it was great. However he doesnt feel like it is something that will happen anytime soon. He felt that in the grand scheme of things going on in the church this was a much smaller issue. 

Not The Philosopher

Still nobody willing to comment on my post? :sad2:

You need to speak louder. Perhaps if you post in all-caps and use a larger font...

Maybe he thought a woman being the mother of God would be the greatest honor, superseding even the priesthood, that any mortal could achieve.  

amesome. So when do we start carrying mothers around in golden tiaras and sedia gestatorias and give them posts in Rome where they can dine every night on spagetthi and lobster. Let the cardinals do paperwork and let the mothers march around Rome. Sounds like a plan to me.

Edited by Era Might

KnightofChrist

amesome. So when do we start carrying mothers around in golden tiaras and sedia gestatorias and give them posts in Rome where they can dine every night on spagetthi and lobster. Let the cardinals do paperwork and let the mothers march around Rome. Sounds like a plan to me.

It would be, I would love to give such an honor to my mother, a queen to my family.

But there was really no need to take a swipe at the Papacy and princes of the Church to make a otherwise good point on honoring our mothers. Edited by KnightofChrist

It would be, I would love to give such an honor to my mother, a queen to my family.

But there was really no need to take a swipe at the Papacy and princes of the Church to make a otherwise good point on honoring our mothers.

They can handle it, they're big boys.

Edited by Era Might