An Old School Catholic Message Board

Companions/servants Of The Cross

Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

I was watching some videos on YouTube this order made, and they seem really cool. They have a priest's branch and a sister's branch. The priest's branch is the original called "Companions of the Cross" and the sister order is the "Servants of the Cross." They seem to be based in Canada, have any of y'all heard of them?
Sisters:
http://www.servantsofthecross.ca/
Priests:
http://www.companionscross.org/

Yes, I've heard of them.  Their founder actually died last year.  I've heard they are very good communities, although I believe on the a bit on the charismatic side.  

Mary+Immaculate<3

Yes, I've heard of them. Their founder actually died last year. I've heard they are very good communities, although I believe on the a bit on the charismatic side.

Yeah, I knew he passed away not that long ago, but the Lord will carry them through if it be his will! I'm glad to hear they're good community. Not to seem confrontational, but is there anything wrong with being charismatic? I realize there are different preferences in religious life, and in no way am trying to disrespect you.

I feared I came across to harshly, and that was not my intention at all. I just know some people do not feel any attachment to the charismatic movement just as others do not feel an attachment to TLM communities.

Mary+Immaculate<3

I feared I came across to harshly, and that was not my intention at all. I just know some people do not feel any attachment to the charismatic movement just as others do not feel an attachment to Traditional Latin Mass communities.

No hard feelings :) This is just a thread celebrating an order of nuns :nun: and priests :priest:

I actually was on a mission trip with a Companion of a Cross priest present (I can't remember his name).  His theology was solid, and he was a wonderful priest to have along on our trip.  This was a few years back though (at least 6-7).

brandelynmarie

I actually confused them with Companions of the Sacred Cross, but the red habit was kind of a clue. ;) I love the fact that I can rock it with charismatics at Mass just as easily as I can attend Byzantine or Maronite Liturgy. I'll be attending my first EF this Saturday for All Souls so I'm really excited. I think I'm omniritual, lol.

Mary+Immaculate<3

I actually was on a mission trip with a Companion of a Cross priest present (I can't remember his name). His theology was solid, and he was a wonderful priest to have along on our trip. This was a few years back though (at least 6-7).

Good, I'm glad you had a positive experience with this order :)

Speaking of charismatics:

:hehe2:

I was like "oh boy here we go again ..."  but ya know what?

[spoiler]

THAT WAS ACTUALLY FUNNY!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Mary+Immaculate<3

I actually confused them with Companions of the Sacred Cross, but the red habit was kind of a clue. ;) I love the fact that I can rock it with charismatics at Mass just as easily as I can attend Byzantine or Maronite Liturgy. I'll be attending my first EF this Saturday for All Souls so I'm really excited. I think I'm omniritual, lol.

Yes, I love the universality of the Church. Rather than dividing Christians, our goal should be united while still regarding the preferences and gifts of individuals. I've attended more traditional N.O. Masses, Traditional Latin Mass, LifeTeen (contemporary) Mass, and Mass at many different parishes across the USA. The beauty is that we all are united with the same Christ in the Eucharist. Edited by Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

I was like "oh boy here we go again ..." but ya know what?

[spoiler]

[font='comic sans ms']THAT WAS ACTUALLY FUNNY!!!!![/font]

[/spoiler]

I know right?! No one seems to reject this as seriously funny xD

Speaking of charismatics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK2_ezOBa2A 

:hehe2:

Cma thought this went well with your video, have to agree, the video was hilarious:

worship-hand-signs-photo.jpg

I believe it was Companions who used to have a tv show in Canada, and yes, it was very orthodox.  They've always come across as very joyful to me, although I've never had any personal contact with them.

And BG, that chart is funny :)