An Old School Catholic Message Board

Those Who Fought Prohibition

linate

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

no, brining in your talking points to avoid answering the question is what you do lately.  avoid questions, turn it into a complaint about the state.

Once again: I answered the question. That cannot be a legitimate complaint.

You asserted this thread did not concern the State. It does, because Prohibition requires the State. So that cannot be a legitimate complaint.

All other distinctions aside, I find it hard to characterize alcohol as an "heroic" cause. I think heroism has to have something in it that is seeking to achieve a moral ideal...I don't think alcohol, whatever its merits, is a particularly glorious habit of mankind.

I guess you've never had a really good Bloody Mary.  

I guess you've never had a really good Bloody Mary.  

lol no I haven't. Someone gave me a martini about a year ago...I thought it was the most disgusting thing ever.

lol no I haven't. Someone gave me a martini about a year ago...I thought it was the most disgusting thing ever.

Martinis are gross

PhuturePriest

Martinis are gross

I never liked Bloody Mary's, and I've yet to try a martini. I also hate beer, thus banishing me from being a Kansan (Though once I drank a blueberry beer which was quite good). I do, however, love Mike's Hard Lemonade.