An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marian Sisters Of Lincoln

DameAgnes

be_thou_my_vision

You know, I wonder if they are just transitioning to another style of the habit... they all used to wear the skirt and vest style, but in the recent pictures they have the more tunic-looking one. 

These sisters are SO nice. They have, of what I've seen, an extremely healthy community life. I highly recommend them!!!

I must say that I like this style of habit rather than the skirt and vest ensemble.  It's much more habit-y.  The other looks more like a school uniform.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I think they just went into a new habit. I've never seen them in the dress/scapular before. I never liked the skirt/vest, either.

I must admit, I like the habit too. It's not a question of things being "habit-y" for me, It's just my personal opinion (and therefore meaningless) but I really hate to see grown women in skirt/vest/button-down shirt. It always looks a little unkempt to me, whether it's young postulants or older sisters. Particularly if a woman is busty, or a little plump, it's a lumpy, schlumpy look. And it requires the wearing of nylons, forever. Ugh.

The habit these sisters appear to have turned to, by contrast, looks very clean and neat. And adult.

Edited by DameAgnes