An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedict Critiques Francis

KnightofChrist

Seriously?  The changes to the Mass were over and done with going on 60 years ago.  It doesn't matter if they are justified, it don't really matter what my opinion of Traditional Latin Mass is.  The Vatican and Pope have declared that native tongue masses are the ordinary form and have given us clear instructions of how to do it.

We live in 2013.  If in 2019 the Pope decides that Latin Mass should be Ordinary Form, then I will accept that.  But it has not.  Infact, in missionary work as early as the 1200's native tougnge Masses were allowed. (I believe in China or other orient).

Herein is the problem, most Catholics don't care. If the Pope told you to smash Tabernacles you'd probably do the same. I think Catholics in America and Western Europe developed a habit of blind, military like obedience. If the faith is damaged, your obedience is not required.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And where exactly did I claim that the Roman Missal contains the whole of the Bible? I do not remember bringing that up at all.

I never said you claimed that.

I never said you claimed that.

I see. So your post about Holy Scripture had no real connection to our discussion. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Herein is the problem, most Catholics don't care. If the Pope told you to smash Tabernacles you'd probably do the same. I think Catholics in America and Western Europe developed a habit of blind, military like obedience. If the faith is damaged, your obedience is not required.

the layity are the layity, where not vowed to obedience to the pope, nore are we vowed to chastity and poverty. Though it is recommended to some degree or another. So i doubt whether what your saying is true, though on matters of infalible faith and morals we must obey the pope, and also we probably should respect things like encyclical letters and in general our priests,bishops and cardinals unless real serious suspicion of heresy is afoot. Stop trying to cause descent apteka. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Stop posting doctored pictures apteka, and if that is the pope with a beach ball at the alter i doubt it is during holy mass. The primacy of the pope we must believe but blind faith in the pope we must not, blind faith in jesus we must.

Stop posting doctored pictures apteka, and if that is the pope with a beach ball at the alter i doubt it is during holy mass. The primacy of the pope we must believe but blind faith in the pope we must not, blind faith in jesus we must.

It is not a doctored picture, but you are correct that the beach ball was not placed upon the altar during mass.

Doctored?

Pope-Francis-2102572.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

he may have been doing a special alter blessing for the beach ball and giving it to an orphaned child. There are probably special alter blessing you know, or perhaps your both not as traditional as you claim or appear to be. What are you both doing for orphaned children might i ask? So high and mighty?

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The beach ball incident was back in August . . . what's done is done.

There are special blessings for all kinds of things in the holy roman catholic church, you know this right?

he may have been doing a special alter blessing for the beach ball and giving it to an orphaned child. There are probably special alter blessing you know, or perhaps your both not as traditional as you claim or appear to be. What are you both doing for orphaned children might i ask? So high and mighty?

Beach ball for orphaned children?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Beach ball for orphaned children?

Yes apteka, possibly. I love you apteka so much. :) and i'm not being smart.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

There are special blessings for all kinds of things in the holy roman catholic church, you know this right?

I do not know what he was doing. He just placed the beach ball on the altar, and then went and prayed and left the ball on the altar. He didn't do any "service" of blessing on it, so I have no idea what his intention was, but it is in the past. I am sure the ball has long since been deflated and probably thrown away.

I do not know what he was doing. He just placed the beach ball on the altar, and then went and prayed and left the ball on the altar. He didn't do any "service" of blessing on it, so I have no idea what his intention was, but it is in the past. I am sure the ball has long since been deflated and probably thrown away.

I laughed at that Apotheoun! Of course the beach ball is gone, it's just the principle of the matter. Beach ball offering? C'mon