An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Friars Of The Renewal!

AugustineA

vocations022.jpg

Do you like beards? Do you like Father Groeschel? Yeah you do! Then you should like these guys.  :winner:

Too bad they don't have a Friary in Canada. They look Canadian enough. I really like them so I hope they get the website sorted out soon.

http://franciscanfriars.com

If I were a guy, I'd join them in a heartbeat!  I wanted SO bad to join the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal and even went on retreat with them but felt entirely neutral.  My feelings were confirmed by both the VD and Fr. Andrew Apostoli - I did not have a vocation there.  I still LOVE them tremendously!  Sadly, it looks as though I won't be seeing them this year.  :(

If I were a guy, I'd join them in a heartbeat!  I wanted SO bad to join the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal and even went on retreat with them but felt entirely neutral.  My feelings were confirmed by both the VD and Fr. Andrew Apostoli - I did not have a vocation there.  I still LOVE them tremendously!  Sadly, it looks as though I won't be seeing them this year.  :(

Aw man, that feeling when something doesn't pan out. God has a mission for every one of us though. What do you mean when you say neutral? There wasn't a clickiness? (I just turned around and saw my cat drooling on my homework, grossss). 

Aw man, that feeling when something doesn't pan out. God has a mission for every one of us though. What do you mean when you say neutral? There wasn't a clickiness? (I just turned around and saw my cat drooling on my homework, grossss). 

Well, it's like that feeling you get when you really want something to work out and then there's disappointment when it doesn't.  That's the way I felt.  It really bothered me for a while but I got over it and now I realize that just because you like a particular order, it doesn't mean you are called to join them.

I met Father Andrew Apostoli and got my picture with him in August. He was such a nice guy! I'm really lucky that I met him.

Well, it's like that feeling you get when you really want something to work out and then there's disappointment when it doesn't.  That's the way I felt.  It really bothered me for a while but I got over it and now I realize that just because you like a particular order, it doesn't mean you are called to join them.

I've learned to treat Orders like girls: "Liking" one doesn't equal a vocation to them.

Ah yeah, I get that. At least you understand it! Situations like that can be difficult.

I've learned to treat Orders like girls: "Liking" one doesn't equal a vocation to them.

lol when I read the first bit I was like where is he going with this...